30 Days of Night and subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 Days of Night and subtitles

I am having a problem trying to get DVDFab to display the subtitles in this movie. I have ripped the full disc to the hard drive, and checked the movie with TotalMedia Theatre 3, and during the scenes where the vampires are talking, the subtitles appear so you can understand what they are saying (this is the only time the subtitles appear). When I use DVDFab to make a movie-only backup, using the preview window to play the movie, I am unable to get DVDFab to show these subtitles. If I try to force any of the english subtitle choices presented, (by double-clicking the english subtitle, so the small arrow appears), the subtitles display all the time, even when everyone else is speaking. Is there something I am missing?

I am including two screenshots so you can see the options that are selected
    in DVDFab. I would very much like to back-up my copy of this movie without having to use a Blu-ray dual-layer blank.
    Attached Files

how to display forced subtitles?

Hi rggauld,

What you need is to enable "display forced subtitle" in the preview window. Please manually check the "English" subpicture, then click the head of the check box to highlight the blue arrow button, which means you set "Display forced subpicture" for English subtitle stream.

Then go to preview window in the left bottom corner to see when vampires are talking subtitles can appear correspondingly or not.

sincerely,
    --
    sunny
    Attached Files

Comment

Already tried...

I have tried that, and it results in DVDFab displaying subtitles throughout the entire movie, even when english is spoken... I don't mean to be rude, but I did mention that in my first post ->

"If I try to force any of the english subtitle choices presented, (by double-clicking the english subtitle, so the small arrow appears), the subtitles display all the time, even when everyone else is speaking."

To show you, I will include 3 screenshots of when english is being spoken, and with the blue arrow selected beside each of the 3 english subtitle choices... It then shows subtitles throughout the entire movie, regardless of which english subtitle is forced.

How can I resolve this problem?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi rggauld
        I do not believe you have to select all 3 sub pictures.
        Have you tried just selecting the first one?
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

What you are doing by turning on the default arrow will not cause the forced subtitles to display, it will cause, as you have seen, all of the subtitles in the stream to be displayed. If there are forced subs in the stream, all you need to do is include the stream in your copy and the forced subs will play. In BD Ripper, there is a checkbox marked "Display only forced subpicture" that will extract the forced subs and render them into the video. This "filtering" of the subs is handled by your player automatically if the correct stream(s) are included in the copy and if they are not set to default.

Select all the English sub streams and turn off all of the default arrows and it should work normally.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X