Black screen for many BDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black screen for many BDs

I got the full version of the Blu-ray copier and have been making the miniso file as well, mounting with the DVDFab virtual drive. My discs copy without error, but upon mounting and loading the movie in PowerDVD 9, many will stop right after loading and stay on a black screen, without any error message or sign of progress. Some movies will work for the previews and stop right before the main menu. The only movie I have gotten to work and run all the way through was Thor.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit and have also tried using trial versions of PDVD11 and Total Media Theater 5, which had the same results.

Any help is much appreciated.

Been having the same problem. On Super 8 the backup worked fine on my Verbatim BD RE but not on the Verbatim BD R. It would start to load and then just stop.

Comment

Have you turned off ALL of the assists under GENERAL > A/V Codec ??

I had the same problems until I Disabled GPU AND unchecked Lightning-Recoding

Comment

yes, I did that and reinstalling FAb I got Super 8 to copy. Now I am having the same problem with Die Another Day. I have made 6 coasters (Verbatim BR and TDK BR) the copies burn successfully but they wont play. I did a backup of Mr Poppers Penguins without a problem What gives? Why will some Blu rays back up without a problem and others will not?

Comment

Could you please tell us some BD's name which playback black screen?
          And what's decoder and encoder you are setting?

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Not sure if you are wanting everyone to answer that last question or just the TC, but It happened to me with Avatar (2D).
            Encoder: Software, Software, Software
            Decoder: Software + CUDA

Tried to do a full disc to 25GB 1080i

ver 8132
            ------------------
            Went down to 8125, and did just a 'Main Movie' backup, and that worked for me. (so not sure if the Main Movie did the trick for me or backing up a few versions) I wouldnt mind doing more testing, but dont want to make more coasters.

Comment

Yeah, main movie only always seems to work without a hitch, but it's when you do the whole disk is when there are problems

Comment

Black screen or doesn't play at all

I have a fully paid lifetime copy of Blu-ray Copy and I have the same problem as "dontpullajeff" on a lot of different Blu-rays. I thought my problem was with PowerDVD 10 or 11, so I tried Total Media Theatre 5, but it's the same there. I'll make a list of which blu rays it's happening with. Also, I try to keep DVDFab up to date, but even though I have "Check for update automatically" checked in the options, it generally doesn't tell me when there is a new version.

For my situation, I'm purely trying to create an ISO (not miniso) of the entire blu ray so I can play it back on my HTPC. I've read both the full rip and main movie rip tutorials and I'm doing everything as suggested there.

The tutorials (http://www.dvdfab.com/tutorial/Blu-r...-ray-Full-Disc) don't say anything about changes to make to for blu rays. Are the suggestions cwcarson recommended the preferred method? "GENERAL > A/V Codec ??" -- all my settings are default, so I have "Disable all GPU..." checkbox unselected and "Enable Lighting-Recoding..." selected.
                Last edited by jdgstat; 12-13-2011, 02:18 PM.

Comment

i have been getting the same issue with some of my discs. i found its the original clone process to my hard drive that has the fault in it. i get the black screen from my original on my hard drive. i re-clone the disc to my hard drive and check it with power dvd before cloning to make sure its good. also i only seem to have this issure with full disc back ups. now issues so far with movie only back ups.

Comment

[QUOTE=dgrams;104919]Not sure if you are wanting everyone to answer that last question or just the TC, but It happened to me with Avatar (2D).
                    Encoder: Software, Software, Software
                    Decoder: Software + CUDA

I had the same problem until I Checked Disable GPU

Just setting them to software does not do it all I guess

Also -- it was at this time I decided to first burn a RE DB --- has been the smart move --- get some VERBATUM RE disks

Check DISABLE GPU

Comment

Disable GPU

Is there anywhere that explains what each of the options in "GENERAL > A/V Codec" does and what happens if they're unchecked/changed?

Since ripping each Blu-ray takes 90 minutes or so on my Core I-5, I'd like to know what each option does and ESPECIALLY know what the suggested method is so I don't end up having to rerip multiple blu-rays. Currently I have around 200 Blu-rays, so I'm going to have to go back and recheck each one to make sure the movie gets through the previews and the main movie plays.

Comment

I am disabling GPu and lightening decoding and using the "software" settings. The disks all burn successfully, and there is content on the disk but my blu ray player will not load the movies. I have tried using Imgburn as well as the Fab engine, but there is no difference. I am using Verbatims, Tdk, and yes, even the cheap Maxell disks because I am tired of wasting good disks.

Comment

hi, all

For blackscreen disc which copied by DVDFab, please try to play the biggest m2ts file in BDMV folder by using other file player, make sure the file is can be correctly played, and tell me result.

thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X