Star Wars ( all 6 movies)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars ( all 6 movies)

When any of the star wars movies are ripped (using main movie mode), when playing the ISO file their text appears across the screen.

The movie and sound effects are perfect, just through movie words appear at top of the screen consistantly throughout movie.

Hi all.

Have this problem also. Very annoying. Any suggestions for fix?

Graham

Comment

Actually what dvdfab does is picks the movie that it thinks is the right one. Sometimes its not right. So you have to go through each movie/chapter to see which one you want with the proper language and with no subtitles/closed caption. I do believe you can also turn off subtitles/closed caption. I'm not at the backup computer to test the BD version of Star Wars.
      Lancool K-56 case.
      OCZ 700watt PSU.
      MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
      AMD 8 core FX-8120 3.1ghz.
      ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX cooler.
      16gb G.skill 1600mhz memory.
      OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
      WD 2TB.
      EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
      LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

Hi unknownbluray.

I suspect you're right with your suggestion and in fact have posted that question on Club MeCE. That is how do I now which version of "movie only"
        is the right one to use.

I did notice with Star Wars there were multiple choices and I wondered at the time what criteria DVDFab used in selecting one.

I am still not quite sure what you mean about choosing one with closed captions etc. Again I let DVDFab choose subtitles etc. Previously I was not selecting subtitles etc as I felt I didn't need them for English movies only to discover I was also deleting the subtitles where, when occasionaly the setting in a movie would go to a foreign country and speak the foreign language.

So as I said I have been letting DVDFab choose. How can I differentiate which are necessary subtitles as opposed to subtitles for the deaf etc.

Also the audio choices confuse the hell out of me. I always select High Def Audio as I have a high grade surround system, but at the same time I don't want to delete the normal stereo sound for TV as I don't always use surround sys. Often there are multiple choices for sound. Again how do I know which ones are necessary and which to leave out?

Regards
        Graham

Comment

Actually there is a little view window that plays the movie all you have to do is tell it to play that specific file of the movie. Its on the bottom left hand side of dvdfabs window. It helps a lot to view before you try to compress the movie. Now I always uncheck subtitles and I only put english for language and I never have a problem. However I have yet to backup my Star Wars Movies I tried Return of the Jedi and it was taking forever to open Thinking Slow Internet access..
          Lancool K-56 case.
          OCZ 700watt PSU.
          MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
          OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
          WD 2TB.
          EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
          LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

The text you see are forced subs that go with some of the commentaries. Try selecting only the topmost english subpic stream and uncheck all the others. I think DVDFab is selecting the wrong title or angle when using main movie mode for these discs. I tested it with disc 4 (New Hope). I will report this to the QA Team, but there will probably not be a fix until after the New Year holiday when the office reopens (28 January).

You can use Preview to check all the sub streams to see which ones you want and which you do not.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

the problem is DVDFAB identifies 20 variances of each movie

800 (1 to 9)
              850 (1 to 9)
              600 (1 to 2).

The comments come on the screen randomly at different times in each version of the rips from above, so there is no quick fix.

so you can see 20 rips trying to get the right one is a pain in the butt. Of which i have tried 4 already and still the same!

Will take ages to find the right track.

Its not a subtitle thing, i tried enabling and disabling it through my player and it is not the cause.
              Last edited by CBR929; 01-24-2012, 11:59 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Did you ever get this fixed? I finally got to trying to cure your problem thanks computer gods for BD-RE's. Anyway I did a full blu-ray back up to the hard drive. Then I told dvdfab to open up the file. I clicked on main movie, and dvdfab selected the first variant of the movie. I think looked at the audio and left that alone but under the subtitle/language and unclicked everything. I had no voices over dubs at all, and I still had audio. Maybe you can try this and get back to me private message me we can get this to work if I can do it anyone can do it.
                Lancool K-56 case.
                OCZ 700watt PSU.
                MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
                OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
                WD 2TB.
                EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
                LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

The DVDFab staff will be back in the office late today US time, give them a chance to fix it. Post the DVDFab internal log file. Try the latest version of DVDFab.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

is there any ETA on this issue ?

Comment

any progress ?

Comment

I am having a problem with my Star Wars blu ray set also, but I think it may be different. Not really sure if it's the same issue or not so I thought I'd post here. (not meaning to hijack anyone's thread, so if I'm in the wrong place please bare with me) The issue I'm having is I am trying to back up the full disk to my hard drive. I have been checking my copies in VLC player 2.0 to make sure they play before going back and compressing them and removing hd audio and all that, like I've learned to do from this forum. The problem is so far only the Phantom Menace has had a playable file. Attack of the clones, Revenge of the Sith and New Hope all play no video and just a choppy audio track when I go to play them back. After New Hope I thought I'd wait until I figured it out before trying again. I haven't gotten any error codes or anything, so all I have to go on is my logs. I copied a pasted the log from Revenge of the Sith and am going to attempt to attach it here for diag. purposes. I say "attempt" because like I said I am new to the forum and DVDFab in general. Thank You in advance for the help.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X