Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where can i find file sizes of full blu ray disc or blu ray movies only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where can i find file sizes of full blu ray disc or blu ray movies only?

I was just curious if there's a website that gives out the file sizes of full blu ray movies as well as just the main movie of blu ray disc, I'm asking because i curious of whether or not to only buy 25gb blu rays or 50 gb blu rays

Hi aguy1222
    Give this thread a read through started by member SuperFist it may help http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=10873
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

To aguy1222

cinemasquid.com lists the total disc size and often the feature size for many, if not most, blu-ray releases. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thank you, CBR929, for posting a link to my thread.

aguy1222,

I'll be honest... even if the movie doesn't fit on a BD-25 without compression, with most titles I highly doubt that you'd notice the difference between the original uncompressed blu-ray and the version that was compressed to fit on a BD-25. So with that being said, I'd highly recommmend BD-25 discs. I use Optical Quantum BD-R 25GB discs as they run around $1 a disc which you really can't beat anywhere. For a while I was concerned that these discs were susceptible to a version of "disc rot" to where after around a year or so they would no longer be recognized in blu-ray players as many people have reported with cheap media. However, I've been using Optical Quantum about a year and the first discs I've burned play fine so I would give them a try here...

http://www.supermediastore.com/produ...dr04lt-10-10pk

But by all means if you find some affordable Verbatims somewhere, give it a go! And if cost is not an issue, do what you may, but I suspect it is an issue which is why you probably posed the question in the first place.
        Last edited by SuperFist; 01-04-2012, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Thanks all for Ur reply, extremely helpful,the reason I posted this thread was because I'm new to the blu ray burning/ripping, I couldn't find a stable answer to whether it is worth buying the blu ray 50 gb and how much difference there is when u compress larger then 25 gb blu ray movies to a 25gb disc, I also wanted to know what blu rays have bigger then 25gb movie only size, I have yet to burn a blu ray but have purchased both 25gb and 50gb discs on eBay, thanks

Comment

Well, my thread that the moderator gave you a link to has the largest list I've found on the internet for movies that will fit on a BD-25 uncompressed so you would do well to avail yourself of it. As far as full movies are concerned, that's entirely up to you which ones you'd want to completely back up. Just go through your collection and see which ones you feel are worth backing it up ENTIRELY on a BD-50 blu-ray disc and which ones you would just want the MOVIE ONLY that will fit on a BD-25.

However, my previous post wherein I discuss my doubt in most people's lack of ability to discern the difference between a movie that was compressed to fit on a BD-25 and an original movie that exceeds the capacity of a BD-25 I feel was very relevant to your question and answered it as far as I can see. I personally don't think it's necessary to purchase BD-50 discs except for exceptional movies wherein you may want to retain some extras that are important to you.
            Last edited by SuperFist; 01-05-2012, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X