"Real Steel" Backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Real Steel" Backup

On the Real Steel Blu-Ray disc, the main movie is about 27GB. I used DVDFab to first copy uncompressed to a folder on a hard drive, then DVDFab to compress to 23GB outputting to another folder on a different hard drive. I then used DVDFab a third time to prepare the ISO image, and burn with Imgburn as the burn engine to a blank 25GB Blu-Ray disc. Pretty standard procedure I've used many times before.

This time, however, the backup copy shudders about every 10 seconds - like the compression algorithm just dropped a couple of seconds as the copy compression. The result is not real watchable.

I notice from the DVDFab internal log (attached) that the main movie appears to have 24 sources for the 27 chapters; usually I only see one source for all the main movie chapters when backing up a movie. The Imgburn log is perfectly normal.

Any suggestions how to make a watchable backup copy?
    Attached Files

try this disable Lightning-Recoding
    Intel quad q6600 2.4Ghz
    OCZ 2 gig memery
    nvidia 9800gtx+
    Windows 7 ultimate
    >>>ASUS BW 12B1ST <<<

Comment

Yes, please disable Lightning-Recoding to see the result.
      DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
      http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Disabled Lightning Recode, as suggested, and the backup copy now plays perfectly. Guess that was the next logical step to try.

One caveat. I usually only backup the main movie with English DTS audio and any English subtitle tracks. I had those options on the first copy - the one that "shuddered." On this second attempt backing up, when I did first copy (without compression) to the hard drive with those English only options, DVDFab wouldn't stop "scanning" - got to 96%, went to 99%, then back to 96%, back to 99%, and so on. So I bailed on that attempt, and the next try I copied the main movie and all audio plus subtitle options - so DVDFab didn't have to do any "scanning" at all. Don't know if that was the original problem or not.

I'm pragmatic - don't care how it works as long as it works. So thanks for your help, and I've learned a little bit more about DVDFab Blu-ray copy.

Comment

You should not have to open Fab 3 times on your second run when compressing set your output to iso. Also another question why are you making an iso anyways?
          For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by grampaw View Post
            I notice from the DVDFab internal log (attached) that the main movie appears to have 24 sources for the 27 chapters; usually I only see one source for all the main movie chapters when backing up a movie.
            This title appears to have 3 main movie playlists included on the disc. #51 appears to be the correct one for english. #52 has a different opening video file for spanish text in the title sequence. #54 has many of the audio track options hidden fro some reason. We've seen titles before that used a number of smaller files for the video rather than 1 big one. Sometimes to provide video in a different language for portions of the film, like playlist 52 here (Disney has done this also). Sometimes to try to confuse or confound folks trying to make a backup copy of their title. BDInfo is a handy little program to see what is in each of the playlists and identify differences between them if you need to.

Comment

Rich 86 - Thanks for the reference explaining BDInfo as a tool to see what's in Playlists. For Real Steel, DVDFab Blu-ray copy selected the correct playlist - I probably screwed things up by not copying all the audio and subtitles in the playlist on my failed attempt to back up the main movie. Makes sense all those smaller files have something to do with audio and/or subtitle tracks.

DiabloZoe - to save wear and tear on my portable USB Blu-ray drives, I minimize the time they are actually used in the backup procedure. Thus I copy the main movie file to the hard drive first. Then if >23GB, I let the computer write between hard drives to compress to <23GB (can take hours!), if already <23GB, I write to an ISO image. In either case, I use IMGBurn to actually burn the <23GB image backup to a 25GB blank.

Comment

Unable to copy main move using latest version 8.1.5.9 - see error below - any ideas?

Task_1 failed! Error=1000(504.00 0 error: filter name(bdre_mux), type(128), id(20), get module_error(15 1 D:\DVD\MainMovie\RS11NNE2\BDMV\STREAM\00067.m2ts)

DVDFab 8.1.5.9 (2012/01/29 14:58:55)

0m 29.91s: try to use gpu acceleration(2) for video decoding
                0m 29.92s: DXVA GPU acceleration for video decoding enabled
                0m 31.59s: info: h264_encode: encode param profile(2) level(41) bitrate(18024)
                0m 35.87s: info: processing source(00051.m2ts)
                0m 39.36s: error: filter name(bdre_mux), type(128), id(20), get module_error(15 1 D:\DVD\MainMovie\RS11NNE2\BDMV\STREAM\00051.m2ts)
                0m 40.93s: blu-ray main movie 504.00 0 error: filter name(bdre_mux), type(128), id(20), get module_error(15 1 D:\DVD\MainMovie\RS11NNE2\BDMV\STREAM\00051.m2ts)

Comment

jds12
                  The log session you posted is incomplete, please post the entire entry.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi jds12
                    You can also try setting everything to software.
                    Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVD Fab screen, and open Common Settings > General >A/V Codec, put a check in Disable all GPU codes and make sure they are set to Software, restart Fab and try again.
                    CBR929
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

i found that if I use full disk copy it worked. It appears it doesn't work when you do movie only.

I have attached the full log for movie only if it would be any help to work out the error.

Originally posted by signals View Post
                      jds12
                      The log session you posted is incomplete, please post the entire entry.
                      Attached Files

Comment

When I burn a full copy (DVD) it works just fine however, when I try to rip a MP4 for my Iphone/Ipod it always plays the subtitles?? I have only tried a MP4 rip with the original and not a copy that I made with Fab...any suggestions for getting rid of the subtitles? I have tried disabling them within all of my players and it makes no difference...TIA!!

Comment

Hi Rafterman
                          You will need to uncheck all boxes in the subpicture.
                          CBR929
                          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Wow, you lost me..All I ever do is select "Full Disc" and hit "Start" or . I looked for an option in Streams-->subpicture and all I see is where you select your language, mine has "English" by default. Do I hit the radio button on the bottom that says, "Do not select any track" or am I completely lost??

Comment

Real steel backup

I did both dvd and Blu-ray, Real steel with "Movie Only" and had no problems. Used V8.1.5.9, if you need logs are something, just let me know!

Comment

Working...
                              X