Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rip just audio and into separate files/tracks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rip just audio and into separate files/tracks?

Hi all. This question is both for DVD and Bluray discs: Can I rip, say a concert disc, into just it's multiple audio tracks? For instance, I want to rip each of the 5 or 7 audio channels into their corresponding 5 or 7 WAV files.

The purpose of this question is to separate the voice/vocals from the rest of the instruments...for example, I could pop in a Michael Jackson disc full of his videos and abstract all the audio channels and then find the one that is just his voice.

Is it possible or simple to do with DVDFab? Are there any tutorials hopefully with screenshots?

Thanks in advance!

No there is not.

You just get the one audio track and then need other software to extract the channels (if it exists)
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hi. The "software" definitely exists. People have been extracting clean digital sound from dvd and bluray concert discs for awhile now. Some folks have figured out how to parse all the surround channels into individual tracks/wav files...this is what I am trying to do.

Comment

Originally posted by ericdvdfab View Post
        Hi. The "software" definitely exists. People have been extracting clean digital sound from dvd and bluray concert discs for awhile now. Some folks have figured out how to parse all the surround channels into individual tracks/wav files...this is what I am trying to do.
        We understand that, Eric. I actually have software that does that but this wasn't your question or the point of these forums. As GregiBoy stated, DVDFab software does not do this. You'll have to do a Google search for other software that is able to do this.
        Last edited by SuperFist; 06-09-2012, 01:52 AM.

Comment

There are profiles in BD and DVD Ripper (not the Copy module) that will provide audio-only conversions to AAC, WAV, MP3 (and others) or you can extract just the original audio stream from the disc.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Mate, He knows that. What he wants is each channel split into an individual file.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
            X