This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Players for movies with Cinevia

Anyone know the best brand or player to get to play the cinivia recorded movies. I have all PS3's and they are above the 4.10 downloads. So I am considering getting a regular blu ray player but dont want to run into the same problem.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Well, not Sony.

Until recently they were almost the only ones that were infected, but that is no longer the case. Read through the Cinavia threads in this forum and the one called "Decryption Updates" for some ideas on players.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

thanks! I will take a look!

Comment

I'd say the absolute BEST are the media players like Dune and AIOS. You would never have to worry about Cinavia with those.
        Last edited by SuperFist; 07-30-2012, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Ramrod,
          I have a Magnavox Blu-Ray player. I know it isn't the best manufacturer, but I have had no issues with anything I have backed up to watch on my HD TV's. The Blu-Ray player cost like $89.00 at the Blu**Mart store and frankly the best $89.00 I ever spent. I hear all kinds of issues about various manufacturers, specifically Sony... and I love Sony. All my bigscreens are Sony, and my regular DVD players as well.....
          "Are you still master of your domain?"
          Cosmo Kramer

Comment

Blu Ray Players

Gee, I thought that all BR players were to have Cinavia BY LAW? (that was sarcasm)

From this site -

"The bad news is Cinavia technology from Verance Corporation will become mandatory for all Blu-ray Disc players as of February 1, 2012."

So am I wrong in reading that to mean that each and every BR player BUILT from that date and beyond is required by law to have the cinavia infection? Well, I don't believe it. What law and in which country? There have to be hundreds of new models and the list on this site is actually quite small. Seems the date came and went doesn't it!

Comment

Originally posted by jimp124 View Post
              Gee, I thought that all BR players were to have Cinavia BY LAW? (that was sarcasm)

From this site -

"The bad news is Cinavia technology from Verance Corporation will become mandatory for all Blu-ray Disc players as of February 1, 2012."

So am I wrong in reading that to mean that each and every BR player BUILT from that date and beyond is required by law to have the cinavia infection? Well, I don't believe it. What law and in which country? There have to be hundreds of new models and the list on this site is actually quite small. Seems the date came and went doesn't it!
              That doesn't include media players made outside of the U.S. or HTPCs that you or others build. In other words, internal blu-ray players made for computers are currently exempt from such mandates. That's not to say they won't be in the future, though.

Comment

Anybody experience "cheap" made in China players? I would assume they are not likely to be ever affected by Cinavia, and probably Region-free as a bonus?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFist View Post
                  I'd say the absolute BEST are the media players like Dune and AIOS. You would never have to worry about Cinavia with those.

I luv my AIOS and you don't have to mess with making anymore back up BD discs...save lots of moola

Comment

Originally posted by berdman View Post
                    I luv my AIOS and you don't have to mess with making anymore back up BD discs...save lots of moola
                    Couldn't agree more.
                    It's not perfect, but no device is.
                    And when you consider it's only $89 US (even without the rebate)...not too shabby.

@bergman,
                    Did yours come with the new remote or the old crappy one.
                    The remote is really my only complaint. PIVOS offered a $10 upgrade in June, but their stock was quickly depleted.
                    Maybe I'll give it another shot
                    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

best player

I also agree, the AIOS is a great little player for the money!

@MAINEMAN, haven't been able to get new remote or responce!

Comment

Originally posted by 8855A View Post
                        @MAINEMAN, haven't been able to get new remote or responce!
                        Yeah, I'm not holding my breath.
                        I've had my AIOS for almost a year now and although the original remote's design is crappy, I'm pretty used to it and it does everything I want.
                        You know me, if it ain't broke, don't fix it

Besides, I hate paypal and that's the only payment that PIVOS accepts
                        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

non-Cinavia blu-ray players

Consider picking up a lightly used Sony. Models in the x80 and x90 series are cinavia enabled so avoid them, but earlier models are still safe.
                          Family members have BDP-S570's and like them (3D + streaming). I have a S350, S550 & (my favorite) BDP-S1000ES. None of these support 3D nor streaming (neither of which I care about) but are all cinavia free and excellent players.
                          Of course then there is the BDP-S5000ES, which is a superb player, but pricey even used . . .

Comment

Originally posted by dcc1048 View Post
                            Ramrod,
                            I have a Magnavox Blu-Ray player. I know it isn't the best manufacturer, but I have had no issues with anything I have backed up to watch on my HD TV's. The Blu-Ray player cost like $89.00 at the Blu**Mart store and frankly the best $89.00 I ever spent. I hear all kinds of issues about various manufacturers, specifically Sony... and I love Sony. All my bigscreens are Sony, and my regular DVD players as well.....
                            Hi! What is the model # and manufacture date on your Magnavox? I just purchased a Magnavox on 8/27/12 model # MBP5210/F7 and it has the Cinavia detection in it. I immediately returned it.

Comment

Disc players

Stop wasting you're time and money on those disc players and DVD and bds.
                              media players are the future no cinavia stay away from Sony tho I love my aios box and my wdtv Gen 2 pretty sweet to
                              ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

Working...
                              X