Cinavia free blu ray players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cinavia free blu ray players

I dont know if this thread will get moved or not, but if so I apologize for posting in the wrong forum.

I wanted to see if we could start an official cinavia free thread with members stating their players and firmware that are NOT infected with cinavia.

A coworker is backing up his library and currently has a ps3. He set out to purchase a cinavia free player at the store and was unsuccessful. He finally purchased a sony BDP S370 off of ebay.

I am currently using a Samsung BD D5500. I have never upgraded the firmware. I purchased the player in Novermber 2011 so I will have to edit the post when I get home with the firmware version. I have no problems with cinavia.

Here's my contribution...

Comment

Cinavia free Sony PLayers

Sony models BDP-S350, 550 + S1000ES are cinavia free as of the firmware released in June 2012. I have loaded the June 2012 firmware in each of these players and tested them to verify they remained cinavia free.

Sony BDP-S350 & S550 firmware #026 = free of cinavia
      Sony BDP-S1000ES firmware #014 = free of cinavia

My understanding is that the BDP-S570 series and BDP-S5000ES with firmware of this same month/year also remain cinavia free, but I have not personally tested or verified that.

The most recent firmware for the Sony 580 and 590 series of players are infected with cinavia, so avoid them (and any newer Sony models that are announced from now on, of course).

Comment

- Not a BluRay Player, but a solution for Cinavia.
        Get one of these and a 2TB USB hard drive and play your .iso images right off the file on HDD. No more burning of discs. No coasters. Has wifi and ethernet. Connects to your PC thru network to also view photos, stream music and has all the apps that blu ray players have.
        It doesn't do 3D (according to the specs...just like there is no mention of .iso capability...), but if you convert your 3D movie to a SideBySide 3D format, it works great!

Comment

Panasonic DMP-BD75

I have a Panasonic Blu-ray player (DMP-BD75) which is Cinavia free and plays great. The model is discontinued and most websites either show it as being "out of stock" or "discontinued". It is also one of the few models that play DL media.

If you are in the U.S., h.h.gregg has limited stock and is selling them for $70 + tax with free shipping. Amazon is selling them for $125. CircuitCity is selling them new for $79 and refurbished for $63.

I just bought two from an ebay seller who is asking $65 using Buy It Now or Make an Offer (player comes with free shipping).

I did look at BestBuy's Dynex mentioned by Superfist but they were refurbished and I didn't know if the firmware was upgraded. Even though BestBuy has a generous return policy, I have no interest in returning items.
          Last edited by Jeffie; 11-13-2012, 07:55 PM.

Comment

cinavia free

Pivos aios best for the price 69.99 after rebate way better than wdtv plays everything I've thrown at it plus it has 3 usb 2.0 so you could add over 20 tb

Dynex dose not come with cinavia in there firmware last a heard but on refurnished item from best buy there is no returning it, read fine print it's buy as is but before I got my media players I bought one form best buy.com and it was refurbished had no problems except battery in remote were dead so I thought it was the unit was doa so found out I couldn't return a refurbished item not even for store credit but after they sent me new remote had the same problem so I bought new batteries and both remotes worked Dynex is a pretty good box
            Last edited by Jonatan; 11-14-2012, 02:31 PM.
            ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

Originally posted by Jonatan View Post
              ... but on refurnished item from best buy there is no returning it, read fine print it's buy as is...
              Would you please post the "fine print" link where it says BestBuy won't accept refurbished items?

Below is the link to BestBuy's return policy for refurbished items and I do not see anywhere that refurbished items can't be returned. My attachment clearly shows that these items can be returned.

I have returned many items to BestBuy beyond their 30 day posted policy as I have discovered that Customer Service varies by CSR staff as well as the store managers interpretation. BB staff have the discretion to meet the customer's needs, especially if it conflicts with their policy.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Jeffie; 11-15-2012, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Read the disclaimer of warnty
                http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/det...=1218508071305

Comment

If the attachment is what you are referring to, that does not say a refurbished item can't be returned. As I showed in my recent post, BestBuy will accept a return if the item purchased was refurbished.

You said "there is no returning it" and that is simply not true.

Edit: Over 1,200 forum members have looked at this thread. This is an international forum and while members may not be a BestBuy customer, they should have accurate information. As such, I have enlarged the second attachment.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Jeffie; 11-15-2012, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Refering to the link i suplied click on it and read

Comment

Refering to the link i suplied click on it and read
                      Disclaimer of warranty has nothing to do with the ability to return an item.

Comment

??

So how you can return an item when you buy as is
                        from what i got told by customer service there is no returning as is like i said i tryed to return mine and they would not take it back anyways this is off the topic of this thread thought I would put it out there so others would know about as is items why dont you call and get the correct info peace out
                        Last edited by CBR929; 11-15-2012, 11:24 PM. Reason: Removed text

Comment

I do not care what you were told. You may have been given the wrong information by a new employee.

I already stated that each store manager or customer service rep can exceed the policy. I also posted the link to the BB return policy and here it is again.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/regularC...at163600050055

You incorrectly commented on my post using your personal experience. My response was to post the store's return policy regarding refurbished items. The bottom line is refurbished items can be returned.
                          Last edited by CBR929; 11-15-2012, 10:13 PM. Reason: Removed text

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffie View Post
                            I do not care what you were told. You may have been given the wrong information by a new employee.

I already stated that each store manager or customer service rep can exceed the policy. I also posted the link to the BB return policy and here it is again.

Regarding "preaching bs", you incorrectly commented on my post using your personal experience. My response was to post the store's return policy regarding refurbished items. The bottom line is refurbished items can be returned.
                            For one i had talked to c.s agent and then after getting told i CANNOT return it i asked to speak with manager after i got told that it is a buy as is item from manager
                            so i had no option to return it

Maybe you can sweet talk him better than i anyways take care

Comment

anyways this is off the topic of this thread
                              Yes, this thread is getting off topic, please keep it on topic or posts will be deleted that are not on topic.
                              CBR929
                              Last edited by CBR929; 11-15-2012, 11:26 PM. Reason: Added text
                              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X