No announcement yet.

Cinavia free blu ray players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geee. There were 16 shown in stock at Amazon about 15 minutes ago. Now there is only one left at $125.
    I can't understand it. The BD-77 (newer model) is shown at $74.

Comment

I hear you. I was just looking at the action on ebay and elsewhere. Sellers are asking outrageous prices that make Amazon look like a bargain.

The BD-77 has poor reviews and is reported to have cinavia.

Comment

You can also buy a refurbished one from Tiger Direct $62.96
        Don't know if it will have any firmware for Cinavia though.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks CBR. That could come in handy for some forum members.

Comment

Just checked H.H. Gregg site and the BD-75 is now shown as DISCONTINUED.

Comment

Now Tiger Direct is out too.

Comment

Just a quick note for Panasonic DMP-BD75 Blu-ray Player owners.
                Mine came with firmware version 1.25 but the latest upgrade is version 1.39 from the P'sonic site. I first contacted P'sonic tech support and they told me that version 1.39 does NOT have Cinavia. I took a bit of a chance and upgraded.
                They knew that facts. No Cinavia in 1.39.

Comment

Whoops, sorry. That should be firmware V 1.36 has NO Cinavia

Last edited by snowman; 01-15-2013, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Hello everybody. This is my first post. I just wanted to confirm and let everybody know that the Sony bdp-s370 and the identical Sony bdp-bx37 costco exclusive is Cinavia Free using the latest firmware version (M03.R.769). This player has not had a firmware update since 6/28/2011. It is a really Great player.

Comment

Dynex DX-WBRDVD1 Blu-ray Player with Built-in WiFi

Thanks to SuperFist. I just bought a Dynex DX-WBRDVD1 Blu-ray Player with Built-in WiFi from Best Buy for 40.00 based on your statement. Got it Friday, hooked it up, and did the latest Firmware update dated December 2012. Everything works great, and no Cinavia issues. Best 40.00 spent. Also, the newest Firmware, gave me access to Pandora and You Tube along with the original Netflix, Vudu, and CinemaBox. Glad I got it, as I would be affraid to backup movies to a hard drive. My luck it would crash, and all would be lost... Thanks again to Superfist for the info......This was the second time I have had an issue or question, and SuperFist gave me the correct answer or information.. Thanks again, You're the man....
                      Last edited by dcc1048; 01-28-2013, 03:51 PM.
                      "Are you still master of your domain?"
                      Cosmo Kramer

Comment

Originally posted by dcc1048 View Post
                        Thanks to SuperFist. I just bought a Dynex DX-WBRDVD1 Blu-ray Player with Built-in WiFi from Best Buy for 40.00 based on your statement. Got it Friday, hooked it up, and did the latest Firmware update dated December 2012. Everything works great, and no Cinavia issues. Best 40.00 spent. Also, the newest Firmware, gave me access to Pandora and You Tube along with the original Netflix, Vudu, and CinemaBox. Glad I got it, as I would be affraid to backup movies to a hard drive. My luck it would crash, and all would be lost... Thanks again to Superfist for the info......This was the second time I have had an issue or question, and SuperFist gave me the correct answer or information.. Thanks again, You're the man....
                        No problem, brother. Just trying to do my part to give back to this community.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffie View Post
                          I have a Panasonic Blu-ray player (DMP-BD75) which is Cinavia free and plays great. The model is discontinued and most websites either show it as being "out of stock" or "discontinued". It is also one of the few models that play DL media.
                          Hi guys. I've just registered to pass on some info which may be useful to others.

On the strength of Jeffie's post, I today purchased a Panasonic DMP-BD75, with the suffix EB-K (which denotes a UK model). I've just returned a Samsung 5300 because of the dreaded Cinavia, and was looking forward to spinning up the same back-up DVD's in the Panasonic.

Well, sadly, this UK model purchased from Tesco's does have Cinavia straight out of the box. I can't find any info regarding the firmware version, only another number ... VS2GQ002924, whatever that means.

I'm not complaining here about Jeffie's info by the way, as there's no way to know that there may be a difference between the US and the UK models of this player.

Posting this just to give a heads up to anyone looking to buy this Panasonic from Tesco's, and expecting it to be Cinavia free. Luckily, unlike a lot of UK dealers, Tesco's (and Asda by the way), allow a box to be unsealed and opened without compromising the ability to return for a refund.

Comment

Any update on this? Or are people using a different solution to avoid Cinavia?

Comment

Originally posted by dbooksta View Post
                              Any update on this? Or are people using a different solution to avoid Cinavia?
                              I'm trying not to derail the purport of this thread but, yes, we are using a different solution to avoid Cinavia. We're using media players which are abundantly documented in other threads on this website. However, this particular thread is designed to give people information on standalone blu-ray players that aren't infected with said Cinavia. Hopefully those who've purchased players within the past 6 months will be forthcoming and post here for everyone else's edification.

Comment

Standalone BD Players that are cinavia free

Sony models BDP-S350, 550 + S1000ES are cinavia free as of the firmware released in June 2012. I have loaded the June 2012 firmware in each of these players and tested them to verify they remained cinavia free.

Sony BDP-S350 & S550 firmware #026 = free of cinavia
                                Sony BDP-S1000ES firmware #014 = free of cinavia

My understanding is that the BDP-S570 series and BDP-S5000ES with firmware of this same month/year also remain cinavia free, but I have not personally tested or verified that.

The most recent firmware for the Sony 580 series of players are infected with cinavia, so avoid them. My understanding is also that the Sony 590 series of players are cinavia infected right out of the box. (and any newer Sony models that are announced from now on, of course).

Panasonic: The Panasonic DMP-BD55 with firmware #2.4 installed remains cinavia free, as tested by me personally. I assume the Panasonic DMP-BD-35 is also clean of cinavia since it uses the same basic firmware as the 55, but I have not personally tested that.

Newly licensed players since February 2012 are required to support cinavia, so it will be almost impossible to buy a new player not infected with cinavia any more.
                                Last edited by Rich86; 10-27-2013, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X