No announcement yet.

Blu Ray 3D "Insert compatible media"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P.S. Philips my brand of rewritable is the inventor of cd and dvd technologies so maybe they are made to have some extra area on the disk for over burning or a tad more space than what windows reports as total disk space being 22.5 as the evidence shows yes indeed my 22.9 file did burn onto the disk and the whole ending was their.I do know that if you have 3-4 brands of disks most won't be exactly the same in amount of data they hold also all disks have trouble with the outer edges and some burners stop before the very end of the disks that's what software does on the burners but ours being the same burner using the same firmware you would think would burn the same way but age and use may play a part here as the laser wears it needs more power to burn and with img burn you can turn the power up a little as mine didn't use to burn 1 brand of disk after i turned the laser power up it was able to use these cheaper disks.I don't know if this will effect the life of the laser but my drive seen so much use i could buy a new one for 1/2 what i paid for this one.It's so hard to believe that fab would not do a burn because of .1 overage and mine did the burn with.4overage go figure.The only difference being the brand of rewriteable disk and even so they both reported 22.5 gigs as being what they hold.Fab can read the disk windows can't.

Comment

Agreed

I'll try what you mentioned earlier, but when I made another ISO from an ISO earlier, I remember not being able to open the file in fab. I mention it in this thread somewhere. I'll be out of pocket for the next couple days, so I may not be able to get back with you until possibly Sunday night.

Comment

Your not going to make a iso from a iso their would be no need to do that your going to make a iso from the temp.main movie 3d folder fab made when it reduced the 39 gig iso to fit on a 25 gig disk the 39 gig iso is no longer needed and may be deleted after checking on your 25 gig newly made file.If your going to make another iso take that 39 gig iso out of this folder make a second iso folder i call mine iso2 and put the 39 gig movie into it or like i said before delete it as long as the fab reduced movie is ok you don't need the 39 gig version any longer.

With fab once you reduce the size to under 25 gigs your only going to work with this smaller file from now on.In that folder is the reduced movie that your going to put back in fab blu ray 3d copy under write data.Drag the movie in after you drag the movie in change the target from your blu ray drive to temp/iso (change to that by clicking the blue hand holding a dvd in its hand to the right of your drive listed in the target box) so the new made iso goes into fabs iso file in fab.Making a iso from a fab file takes about 20 mins.when done you have a the 25 gig or less file made into a iso with the 3d files stored in fabs temp. files under iso now close fab and open img burn and now can burn it with img burn.Your going to burn a iso to disk.Drag the iso in fabs iso folder (this is the new one you just made not the 39 gig one you should have moved or deleted) into (img burn iso to disk) and do the burn.

When you burn it with imgburn you can use the rewritable 25 gig disk if imgburn says the iso is to big it gives you a choice to over-burn or burn to end of disk I would choice burn to end of disk but if the ending gets cut off then re-burn and use over burn.The reason i don't like to use over-burn is because sometimes their are read errors near the end when you over-burn.Your file is only a tad to big but imgburn may just burn it normally but because its a 3d file that fab made we had to turn it into a iso to burn it in imgburn and that's what we just did.I guess the 2000 of us reading this got to wait for you to come home on Sunday night to see if you get it done.

in the mean time I would like Fab staff to know that these files fab is making is a tad too large to burn on some brands of 25 gig rewritable disks i believe he used ritec rewritable and the data was just .1 over the disk 22.5 limit disk capicity.Another nice thing to add to fabs burner is write to end of disk and over burn like img burn has i hope this can be done in the future along with a better improved transcoder as theirs been so many people having problems with 504 errors filter problems and hanging problems fab really needs to improve this beore adding new feature's and interfaces.
        Last edited by glenns; 12-01-2012, 12:41 AM.

Comment

You cloned the 50 gig movie from the store brought disk which produced a 39 gig iso in step 1

In step 2 you open Fab and drag the 39 gig iso into blu ray copy and you wanted main movie so you clicked main movie and set the gigs to 25 gigs on the bottom of the page.If you clicked on target and removed your blu ray drive and clicked on the hand with the blue dvd in the hand you can change the output to a iso so if you did this in this step Fab will produce a 3d ISO if this is so the movie will come out a iso and be next to the movies name in the iso folder example (kingkong iso) its this file that's produced after Fab does the compression that needs to be a iso if your going to use Img burn to burn the 3d iso. So if your reduced 23.1 gig file Fab made is already a iso then you can just drag it into img burn and burn it.

If in step 2 you didn't change the target box when you put the 39 gig iso in Fab
          to make the 25 gig disk then the target was your blu ray drive so that means fab will do the burn.Even if fab doesn't do the burn like in your case the reduced to 25 gig file is still in fabs temp. files main movie but its not in iso form its in file form that fab can burn but we want to use img burn in this case because fab would not burn the file because it was .1 to big.Because of this we have to turn the file fab made files in main movie into a iso for img burn to burn unless you did this already when you started step 2.

How do you tell if you can't remember just look in the fab temp. files find the reduced to less than 25 gig file and see if it says iso after the movie name if it does then you can burn it with img burn right now if its a file then you need to put it back in fab under (blu ray copy write) change target to a iso folder in fab by clicking the hand next to target with the blue dvd in hand and fab will make the file into a iso and write to your fab folder.After about 20 mins when done close fab then go in and take the new iso found in fabs temp.iso files and drag it into img burn then use img burn (iso to disk) use your rewritable if you want and if it says file to big use write to end of disk or overburn.

Comment

Back in town, I'll be trying it out when I get in from wk tonight. I'll give you a report back then.

Comment

No luck... I compressed the clone file as a main movie 3D ISO, attemped to burn onto RW through Image burn. Image burn says the file is to big, I tell it to continue to end of disc, the burn starts and then errors out at 96%.
              I'm not sure how to find and post logs from Image burn. I'd be happy to if you want to tell me.

Comment

Click on help in img burn the 9th choice down the list is logs post them here for the last burn.If burn to end of disk doesn't work try choice two over burn and see if that will work.Make sure disk is clean to prevent read errors and not scratched.

The 3d choice is burn to write once disk because they hold a little more information than rewritable.And your last choice is get a rewritable disk that have a tad more room such as Philips rewritable disks as i seem to get more on them with the same drive and firmware as you.

Drop a note to fabs support tell them the fab file fab is making won't fit on some brands or rewritable disks give them the brand of rewritable your using and the file size fab reduced the movie to and name of reduced movie.I say to email them because even though their are over 2,000 people reading this the problem that the file is to big is not getting to the right persons to do something about trying to recreate this using your brand of rewritable and if it is no one is saying their working on this.

I wish Fab would open a topic on bugs they are working on as their are many unanswered questions in the forum sometimes they ask for a log you provide then theirs no more dialog so you don't know if they gave up or tried to reproduce your issue or gave it to the developers to fix.Seems with all the people having problems converting and getting errors using Fabs trans-coder that they would take a look into this and i hope they are to improve Fab why not open a topic keeping us informed as to the bugs or improvements the developers are working on so the people that report the bugs and problems that don't get answers from the forum at least can read the developers topics they are working on so we can see if our topic is being looked at.

Comment

I agree totally!! I'm sure the write once will probably wk, but I don't always want to us a write once disc, so I was trying to get it to happen on an RW.

I'll send the log details when I get in from wk.

Comment

When I pull up logs like you explained, it shows the last IB log was 6/19/2011?
                    What's up with that?

Comment

Well it means your files have not been cleaned out all of the times you used fab from the 1st time will be their with the newest files are on top.Cut and past just the file you were working on and delete the rest.Do try overburn and lets see if that will work with the RW disk it should if indeed the file fab reduced is .1 oversized.

Comment

Hi speedinbk
                        ImgBurn also keeps its own logs.
                        Open ImgBurn, click help, ImgBurn logs.
                        Hope this helps
                        CBR929,
                        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Here's another thought when your rewritable blu rays were new and you formatted them for the 1st time did you use windows to format?
                          With img burn you can format the rewritable with the settings in img burn you can add more space to your rewritable if you set the settings first then do the format disk.When img burn see's a unformated disk it will ask you if you want it to format it so before you do this go to these settings in img burn.

Tools-settings-write look for prefer format size,their your choices are prefered-min-max mine is set for prefered and theirs a check mark in the box labled prefered with spare areas so you see their is extra space if you format with these settings or even change prefer format size to max.

This is for a new rewritable unformated disks now my staff of phychic's tell me your going to want to know if you can reformat with img burn after it was already formatted with windows? And my answer is because my phychic staff just quit working for me as i make them think outside of the box too much
                          I don't see a way to do this i see you can erase a disk but i can't find a way to reformat using imgburn.This doesn't mean you can't do it it means i don't know how so if someone else does know please tell us thanks.Maybe you can format with windows and stop it before its done then maybe imgburn will see it as a unformatted disk just thinking outside the box wishing my phychic's were back on the job.

Comment

Hi CBR929

Glenn explained how to check the IB logs on the previous post, but when I look at the IB logs the way you and he explained, it shows the last IB log was 6/19/2011. I've probably burned a few hundred discs with IB since then...lol.
                            I don't know why the logs aren't up to date in IB. Any ideas?

Glenn: I have about 10 Sony BR RW, so I doubt I'll be getting anymore anytime soon, but thanks for letting me know about the format on IB

Comment

Maybe your log file is maxed out and can't hold anymore thus your outdated files.Delete them all and do the overburn then the file is going to have to be new.

Comment

Working...
                              X