Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D Copy 3D BD to movie only BDMV possible?

Hi guys,

Is it possible to create a movie-only 3D BDMV folder?

I want to stream these from my media server to my blu-ray player which supports BDMV (including 3D BDMV) but not ISO and I was wondering if it's possible to create a movie only 3D BDMV folder and if it is possible what method I need to follow to create a movie-only 3D BDMV, do I have to:

1) Just rip the disc to movie-only BDMV folder with the 3D box checked?
    2) Do I have to rip the complete disc to a BDMV folder and then do #1.
    3) Do I have to clone the disc and then do #1?

Your help would be appreciated.

Yes you can rip a 3d movie to a folder.You can do full disk or main movie.Just make sure the 3d check box is checked.Do it right from the store brought disk no need to clone in this case.This is a straight 1-1 rip full 1080p resolution no compression.

If you were going to compress the movie then you make a clone to hard drive first (it's a iso) and when your compressing it the output is a file or you can have it output a iso also if that's what you wanted.Fab is very flexible.
    Last edited by glenns; 02-12-2013, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
      Yes you can rip a 3d movie to a folder.You can do full disk or main movie.Just make sure the 3d check box is checked.Do it right from the store brought disk no need to clone in this case.This is a straight 1-1 rip full 1080p resolution no compression.

If you were going to compress the movie then you make a clone to hard drive first (it's a iso) and when your compressing it the output is a file or you can have it output a iso also if that's what you wanted.Fab is very flexible.
      Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

I also have two more questions if anyone can help as follows:

1) When ripping to a 3D movie to a BDMV folder will the folder be twice the size of the disc?

2) What does convert to blu-ray SBS 3D do? - i.e. what file format does it convert to?

Comment

The folder is the same size as the disk if we are talking a 1-1 copy no compression full disk.If you do just main movie then what ever size the main movie is minus the trailers and extras on the disk.Now you can also compress it down to fit a 25gig disk or file it will compresses down to 22gigs or so for the whole disk or less for the main movie.under main movie you can compress these down to regular dvd sizes 4.7 or 8.5 gigs.If your going to make a movie data base and store these disks as you will fill up a hard drive fast with 50 gig disks.

Side by side is a m2ts data format 1080i in one eye and reduced resolution in the other and can be made much smaller (your 3d tv must be able to do side by side most do) Same 3d effects but more compressed.They are still high resolution and can be put on regular 1 and 2 layer regular dvds or files that size that play on most dvd players that can play m2ts files.

These aren't blu-rays but can be put on blu-ray disks.I use these on a media player and hard drive.Using 2 layer 8.5 disks or files this size.These Files looks great even on a big screen tv or projection system and you can keep the hd sound as well.one last thing the best pictures will always come from your computer or media player to your tv by hdmi streaming is a mixed bag and depends on a lot of factors all working together i avoid this as unless all is per fit you may get audio dropouts or bad picture,no picture so keep this in mind.

So if your building a data base of movies to stream you want to find one of these ways to reduce file size so you can get more disks or files on your hard drive.Most of us buy a 3d Media player that also streams and has a mini internet browser that you can use on the road or for a home backup system for about $140 and a 2-3t hard drive.My 3t hard drive cost $170 You can take the whole set up with you where ever you go their small no more disk buying,disk burning,lost disks,unreturned disks from friends.
        Last edited by glenns; 02-13-2013, 06:46 AM.

Comment

The folder is the same size as the disk if we are talking a 1-1 copy no compression full disk.If you do just main movie then what ever size the main movie is minus the trailers and extras on the disk.Now you can also compress it down to fit a 25gig disk or file it will compresses down to 22gigs or so for the whole disk or less for the main movie.under main movie you can compress these down to regular dvd sizes 4.7 or 8.5 gigs.If your going to make a movie data base and store these disks as you will fill up a hard drive fast with 50 gig disks.

Side by side is a m2ts data format 1080i in one eye and reduced resolution in the other and can be made much smaller (your 3d tv must be able to do side by side most do) Same 3d effects but more compressed.They are still high resolution and can be put on regular 1 and 2 layer regular dvds or files that size that play on most dvd players that can play m2ts files.

These aren't blu-rays but can be put on blu-ray disks.I use these on a media player and hard drive.Using 2 layer 8.5 disks or files this size.These Files looks great even on a big screen tv or projection system and you can keep the hd sound as well.one last thing the best pictures will always come from your computer or media player to your tv by hdmi streaming is a mixed bag and depends on a lot of factors all working together i avoid this as unless all is per fit you may get audio dropouts or bad picture,no picture so keep this in mind.

So if your building a data base of movies to stream you want to find one of these ways to reduce file size so you can get more disks or files on your hard drive.Most of us buy a 3d Media player that also streams and has a mini internet browser that you can use on the road or for a home backup system for about $140 and a 2-3t hard drive.My 3t hard drive cost $170 You can take the whole set up with you where ever you go their small no more disk buying,disk burning,lost disks,unreturned disks from friends.
          Thanks for the feedback. Would the 3D blu-ray SBS option generate better results than 3D MKV under the blu-ray ripper set to the highest quality setting?

Comment

One thing I noticed with the blu-ray SBS is that the subtitles do not show up properly if you turn them on - half are on one side and half on the other. Is there anyway to fix this?

Also, I tried to generate a movie only BDMV folder and it doesn't seem to load at all on either my PC or my media player - is there anything special you have to do?

Comment

To play 3d movie on software players download Fab Virtual drive from the front page its a free program that you use to play 3d movies with softwear players like Power dvd.You load the movie into virtual drive then you can play it in Some software players on the computer.http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=VIRTUALDRIVE.

If you use the highest settings on MKV you end up with a giant file.Both formats are just containers but mkv lets you use other 3d party free software to do things to the file.I don't know about subtitles others here may answer the question if there's a fix for side by side subtitles showing up wrong.

After you have virtual drive load the 3d movie in it (Virtual drive will act as a separate drive and show up as a different drive on your computer.example drive f hd drive you can have more than 1 also) you can try virtual drive as the source for your media player (I don't know if this will work for the media player) You must use it with a software player to play back as the virtual drive simulates a full 3d player.When using make sure your player plays the drive virtual drive makes (example drive f hd drive) A 3d file must have a miniso to play with a software drive on the computer so make one with the virtual drive
              if fab didn't already make one with the fab file.Look at the movies files and see if theirs a miniso file if none make one with virtual drive.Also a media drive plays files from a hard drive attached to it and that's the drive you target when ripping although some can stream from your computers drive i am not sure if they can also play directly from your computers drive so read the media players directions on this as mine is set to play direct from a attached external 3t hard drive by UBS and HDMI wires to the tv.
              Last edited by glenns; 02-14-2013, 04:09 AM.

Comment

To play 3d movie on software players download Fab Virtual drive from the front page its a free program that you use to play 3d movies with softwear players like Power dvd.You load the movie into virtual drive then you can play it in Some software players on the computer.http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=VIRTUALDRIVE.

If you use the highest settings on MKV you end up with a giant file.Both formats are just containers but mkv lets you use other 3d party free software to do things to the file.I don't know about subtitles others here may answer the question if there's a fix for side by side subtitles showing up wrong.

After you have virtual drive load the 3d movie in it (Virtual drive will act as a separate drive and show up as a different drive on your computer.example drive f hd drive you can have more than 1 also) use the virtual drive as the source for your media player or software player to play back as the virtual drive simulates a full 3d player.When using make sure your player plays the drive virtual drive makes (example drive f hd drive) A 3d file must have a miniso to play with a software drive on the computer so make one with the virtual drive
                if fab didn't already make one with the fab file.Look at the movies files and see if theirs a miniso file if none make one with virtual drive.
                So I can't play the BDMV folder on my player? My player (Oppo BDP-103) doesn't support ISO but does support BDMV.

Comment

I don't know much about streaming from a server to a blu-ray player maybe some else can help you with that.

Comment

I don't know much about streaming from a server to a blu-ray player maybe some else can help you with that.
                    I suppose what I am asking is whether you must mount the mini ISO to play the folder and get 3D video on a media player. If so, then this won't work for me.

If it helps I have used other software to rip the whole 3D disc to a BDMV folder and I can play it back on my blu-ray player. However the program I used creates a BDMV folder that is twice the size of the disc.

So I would like to rip the movie only to a BDMV folder but if mounting the mini ISO is required to work then unfortunately it will not work for me.

Comment

I think your asking two different questions when a software player like power dvd is used to play a 3d file on your computer virtual drive is used with a mini iso that fab normally makes when making a 3d file.You can add a miniso with virtual drive to a 3d movie to work with a software player to play on your computer.This process is to play on your computer i don't think any media player would know what A fab made miniso is or what to do with it.

With my media player it can play raw fab made folders or isos without minisos or anything else.It also plays any compressed file in any form.My media player is attached to computer by ubs as is the external hard drive it uses then hdmi to the tv or projector.

Your not clear on why you are making a very big file with other software why don't you use the Fab software to make the blu ray file?
                      Do you have a media player or are you calling your blu ray player a media player? You have a top of the line bluray player even up converts to 4k you need to make blu rays with fab if you can afford that bluray player then buy some blanks Digistor 25 gigs are about a buck each and $4.50 for the 50 gig disks look them up on the internet.Or by a real media player for about $140 and use fab like the rest of us.

Comment

I'm not asking anything about software players as I don't care about PC playback. I have both a dune media player (plays blu-ray iso but in 2d) and an oppo BDP 103 blu-ray player that can playback 3d BDMV over SMB just like a high end media player - unfortunately it is affected by cinavia.

I don't care about burning discs I only want to stream to the two above players. So I need to figure out how to create a movie only 3d BDMV (which I am having no luck doing with Dvdfab) and something that works on my media player that is only 2d - either 3d SBS Mkv or blu-ray SBS for cinavia affected titles.

The only reason I brought up the other software is that it worked and Fab didn't for me but I also noticed that Fab BDMV folders are the same size as the disc whereas the other program creates a BDMV folder that is twice the size of the disc - my understanding is that is what you have to do to create a BDMV folder that will playback in 3D so I asked about the mini iso to figure out whether Fab BDMV folders can't be played back in 3d unless they are mounted as an iso.

Comment

A fab made 3d blu-ray movie folder can play as is on a media player if your media player can play from folders some can.Fab made 3d iso's also play on media players as is if your media player can play 3d is'o.
                          To play on computer you need virtual drive so just forget virtual drive and miniso as your not trying to play on computer.
                          The real question becomes what can your media player play or stream?
                          A side by side can be made with blu ray copy its in a m2ts container and can be made into a iso or a m2ts computer file if your media player can play and stream them your good to go.

You can change containers with blu-ray 3d ripper you can make a side by side mkv or other container.So it really depends on what your media player can play and stream.Lets go to the media players spec. sheet their it will show what can be played and streamed and can also be found on the internet sight for the model player in question.You can turn a Cinavia infected Sony movie into a 3d side by side and play with your uninfected media player if it can play or stream it.Most media players play side by side computer files but as i said before i don't know much about streaming them so check out the specs. or manual often found online if you don't have yours anymore.

Now lets see about your other problem i showed you how to make a fab 3d file but you can't stream it to your blu ray player only other software will work and that software makes the file twice as big as the source file.Well their has to be a reason for this lets go to the blu ray player spec sheet and manual just what does it say it will stream? Does it say to get that special software that you brought? To help you we need all the facts on what kind of 3d file in what container and if special software is required.
                          Last edited by glenns; 02-14-2013, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the patience glenns.

The software i was speaking of was Other Software (I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules) and it wasn't suggested by the media player or blu-ray manufacturer. I just have pretty much always had both programs just in case and for slightly different purposes.

Other Software creates a file that is twice as large as the original when you rip a 3D movie to a BDMV folder (this has nothing to do with my media player or blu-ray player) - it just so happens that my blu-ray player had no problem playing this file back.

However, the above is not an ideal scenario, while I like to keep my movies uncompressed to get full quality I don't want to devote twice the space of a full disc, in fact I like to rip just the movie to a BDMV. When I rip a 2D blu-ray to BDMV using DVDFab (which I have been doing for years) it works just fine on both on my Dune media player and on my Oppo blu-ray player. However, the movie-only 3D BDMV folder created by DVDFab doesn't work on my Oppo (which is capable of playing such a file) and the full-disc 3D BDMV folder created by DVDFab only seems to playback in 2D. That's why I was wondering whether it is necessary to mount the mini iso to get 3D playback which obviously then wouldn't be possible on my blu-ray player.

I can't see what I could be doing wrong so please let me know if I'm missing something in how to create a movie-only 3D BDMV that will play on a media player/blu-ray player that supports 3D BDMV over a network (although this should not matter as the player treats it as a disc that it loads).

Thanks again for trying to help. I find it rather frustrating after years of trouble-free ripping with DVDFab of 2D blu-ray movie-only ISOs and BDMVs to be having such difficulty with 3D ripping.
                            Last edited by CBR929; 02-15-2013, 02:35 PM. Reason: Removed mention of other software

Comment

The solution is simple but costs about $140.00 buy a new 3d media player.You like i have the worlds most expensive hobby electronics.In 1-2 years everything changes you have to buy all new equipment end of story.

The tax man sometimes gives refunds from the loans we give them all year so us electronics loving consumers use their tax refund for this purpose unless of cause you make a lot and pay.Trust me when i say this a new media player will make you happy and last another 2 years or so till 4k comes out in players we can afford.

Now if you have electronic sickness that's a need for the smell of new electronics or compulsion to buy something new when it comes out welcome yes we gather here at Fab.

Now i can give you a way to get that new shiny media player with a credit card that's only used to pay that one item back at $10 a month let me know i have lot of experience with getting things i want or must have.

Comment

Working...
                              X