This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu Ray rip to HD won't play with PowerDVD

I have been ripping all of my concert DVD's to my hard drive and playing them with PowerDVD. When I rip a Blu Ray like U2 Rattle and Hum, I use Main Movie to shrink it, but when I navigate PowerDVD to the folder, it does not highlight the "OK" button like when I navigate to a DVD. The folder structure is different than a DVD. For Blu Ray there is a folder called "BDMV" (I think, but close enough) and a "Certificate" folder. Neither of these are recognized by PowerDVD as playable.

Any idea what I am going wrong?

is the PowerDVD that you have capable of playing Blu-ray as it costs extra for that option and is not included in the basic version

Comment

Also the main folder that has the BDMV and Certificate folders within it is the one you want to select.

Comment

Yes my PowerDVD plays Blu Rays.

Comment

I don't think PowerDVD will play blurays ripped to the hard drive in a folder structure. You'll have to rip them to an iso and then mount them using daemon tools or another ROM drive emulator. Arcsoft Total Media Theater 3 will play the folders from the hard drive.

Comment

^^^ thats the way i have powerdvd running.

Powerdvd does not support folder structure for blu ray.

Comment

Great, thanks for confirming.

Comment

Try using Virtual CloneDrive to mount your ISO(MDS) from DVDFab. Works great. Mount from there, then point powerdvd to that and enjoy.

Comment

i can play blu ray files using powerdvd 7.3, all i do is click open media files then select your folder with the bdmv files & select stream then load then click ok & powerdvd will play. only thing is, if the sound is truehd and no other english avail, it will only play lpcm audio, no hd audio so that's bummer. but media player classic home cinema plays streams also & does play the truehd audio.
                  HP Pavilion Elite e9240f
                  Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
                  Phenom II x4-945 3 gHz Denab
                  Chipset: AMD 785G
                  Motherboard: Foxconn H-RS880-uATX
                  ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB
                  HP 2509m HDMI monitor
                  C: Western Digital WD10EADS-65LB1HP 1 TB
                  8 GB DDR3 RAM
                  E: ASUS DRW-24B1ST DVD+RW
                  F: LG UH08LS10 BD-ROM
                  Logitech G51 5.1 Surround Sound speakers
                  Realtek HD Audio/ATI HD Audio
                  Logitech Wave keyboard/mouse

Comment

G'day,
                    I have only just started using this too. The movie seems to be saved in a directory called STREAM inside the BDMV directory. If use are using PowerDVD go to play movie file (not folder) and browse to the file in this directory it should play.

Comment

Originally posted by gcineil View Post
                      G'day,
                      I have only just started using this too. The movie seems to be saved in a directory called STREAM inside the BDMV directory. If use are using PowerDVD go to play movie file (not folder) and browse to the file in this directory it should play.
                      This will not work with a great many BD discs especially if they had BD+ protection. Your better off with a player that understand the BD structure and plays from a folder, ISO, or mounted ISO.

Comment

I had the same problem with my powerdvd. the ok buttom wouldn't highlight. i got vlc media player and it plays the iso files great. i got the vlc player free online.

Comment

I don't know why but only if you burn the compressed rip into a dvd PowerDVD will play it.
                          I have many iso files (BD 9 or BD 5) and when I mount them PowerDVD doesn't play them.Only when I burn them into a DVD are played normally.
                          (BUT BD25 and BD50 can be played from mounted ISO)
                          (sorry for my english)

Comment

BD ripped folders can play with PowerDVD 7, but you have to rename a few files and file extensions and take out the BDJO folder. I discuss how in a post I made in response to someone else more recently discussing problems with PowerDVD. I think you can probably search for my post, as I just don't have it in me to retype it again.

Comment

Working...
                            X