Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playback issues (Dune HD-Avatar, Star Wars)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playback issues (Dune HD-Avatar, Star Wars)

I've used dvdfab for years backing up my dvd's, but now I've swithed over to bluray's. I've backed up around 20 but I'm having some problems playing some back. I use a dune hd duo with internal 4tb hard drives. On most of the bluray's I hit play and have full menu support, but on these movies:

Starwars 1-6 (box set)

I hit play and it just locks up the media player and I have to hit stop. If I hit play lite it gives me multiple titles to play. Has anybody know what the problem would be? I've googled it with no real answers. Somebody suggested not disabling the bd live??? I would really appreciate any help with this.

I have had NOTHING but problems with my Dune player. I sent back to Dune and they didnt really help with any of it and just said they dont back burned movies and dont offer no support unless its a store bought copy.

Turns out alot of media doesnt load on most Dune players.

not sure if that helped
    "living the dream"

Comment

Well honestly I love my dune player. It is one of the only players that will play blu-ray iso's or folder with full menu support. Now I played around with the movies last night and if I uncheck remove bd live, and it unchecks 2 other things when you do that it worked perfectly. So I don't know why on these blu-ray's I had to leave BD Live on the backup. Has anybody ran into this?

Comment

Maybe dvdfab could answer this for me, because it's really weird. On the others I've backed up worked perfectly with the original settings.

Comment

Also one last question for anybody that has been backing up there blu-ray collection; what is the preferred method? I'm not worried about space so if every movie takes 50g that fine. With my 1,200 or so of DVD'S I've always used Full Disc to folders. Now with blu-rays I don't know what's best?

1.) Full Disc-ISO
          2.) Full Disc-Folder
          3.) Clone-ISO

Which is the best? I'm confused with the clone feature even after reading about 10 threads on the subject.

Comment

The preferred method is what works for your equipment and if you plan to turn them into another format in the future.

A cloned iso is a exact copy of a disk in the order the files are on a blu ray minus the copy protection.This is the way developers told me works best for 3d and to go from one format to another.Their have been a few cases where a cloned iso worked where a full disk didn't but these are few and far between.

A full disk works well in most cases for most things.More software players will play these than Iso's without using helper programs like Fabs free Virtual drive.

A main movie iso or folder will save disk space or hard drive space as it contains only the main movie and soundtracks and subtitles that you pick.

Reducing a 50 gig to 25 gig iso or full disk will give you most of the quality of the 50 gig disk most can't tell the difference on most tv's.Projection on Hugh screens demands the best quality and should be left uncompressed but you can use uncompressed main movie to save space here.Their is the time your computer takes to reduce these that's a big factor here power computers can do this very fast where my old 2 core computer 12 hours or more for a single 3d disk and a few hours less for a regular blu ray.

Fab gives you many choices and the bottom line depends on you,your equipment and future uses.

Comment

Working...
            X