This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major Compression Errors.

This only occurs with movies that need compression, the others are ok.
    This has been confirmed directly from the hard disk, so it eliminates faulty bd-r discs.

1. The stucture created by dvdfab compression, is not 100% compatible with the BD stucture.
    We can see problems in fast forward/rewind and some other strange stuffs.

2. About 80% of the movies that need compression at certain point in the movie, appears artifacts in the image and then freezes but the sound goes on.
    This can last from a few seconds to some minutes.

Movies from region B that this problem occurs. There are complaints at the forum from region A also.
    There are more titles that i will add at later time.

Title/Time:

The Day The Earth Stood Still - 01:43:15
    Valkyrie - 01:55:07
    Changeling - 01:05:12
    Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince - 01:32:10, 02:14:16, 2:30:13
    Transformers - 02:22:27
    Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull - 02:00:27
    Ironman - 02:04:55
    State Of Play - 02:05:40

PS: This should be attended as soon as possible because theres a problem from the core compression, until then i only have 50% of the product i bought
    Last edited by jfrpt; 01-11-2010, 02:57 AM. Reason: extra info

you make it hard to help you because you don't specify what version of dvdfab you're using...nor do you detail your PC equipment being used. Do you have GPU acceleration enabled or disabled? How are you burning to BD-R disc? etc

You say you have compression issues, I say Ive back up over 100 Blu's with zero compression issues.

So to jump to the conclusion its a dvdfab issue...well...as I said...you don't give much info to go on.
    Last edited by crackinhedz; 01-12-2010, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Although I have not noticed any artifacts, I can confirm Fast Forward issues with every version where I use compression. I've tried The Dark Knight and Terminator 2 both compressed and uncompressed. The uncompressed copies played with no issues. With the compressed copies I was consistently getting problems when Fast Forwarding. Basically if I FF and then resume the movie, the picture would freeze and the audio would continue. If I skip to the next or previous chapter it seems to sync up the audio and video again.

I'm not convinced my problem is necessarily a compression issue. I can remember similar issues with early versions of DVD copy programs and in most cases it seem that the navigation information stored in the data structures and not the file itself was the problem. If jfrpt is having tearing that definitely sounds like a compression issue of some sort, but the source might be the disk itself. In my case, I can consistently replicate the issue on compressed version only. The uncompressed version has no issues that I can detect. I've tried both ways twice and I get the same problems in my pc and my OPPO blu-ray player.

I'm running with 6.2.1.8 currently. I have GPU acceleration enabled.
      I am ripping the movie first to the hard drive. Validating that I have the issue (or not) and then burning to disk using nero. As I'm having consistent problems with my software player and my OPPO player, I can assume the burn is not introducing problems.

Comment

To crackinhedz.

Sorry for lacking some info.
        I tried this in more than one machine, with diferent versions of dvdfab, with or without GPU acceleration, burning or playing directly fom hard disk.
        I see also other members with same problem. I think its something in the movie that dvdfab cant understand, and screws it. My region is B. Have you tried any of the movies i indicated?
        Last edited by jfrpt; 01-13-2010, 12:51 AM. Reason: more info

Comment

Originally posted by jfrpt View Post
          Have you tried any of the movies i indicated?
          Region A

Valkyrie
          Transformers
          Ironman
          State Of Play

I have these movies with no problems. I guess I wish I could be more help, but I don't have any problems...so my suggestions are only guesses to help fix.

Perhaps there is a bug that I'm not affected by?

Comment

Originally posted by crackinhedz View Post
            Region A

Valkyrie
            Transformers
            Ironman
            State Of Play

I have these movies with no problems. I guess I wish I could be more help, but I don't have any problems...so my suggestions are only guesses to help fix.

Perhaps there is a bug that I'm not affected by?

You have this movies with compression, is that it?

The problem only appears with compression.

If your movies were compressed, than the releases of region A and B could be diferent, and we no longer can compare the the movies.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by sealslayer View Post
              I am ripping the movie first to the hard drive.
              are you ripping as an .iso image file?

Comment

You have this movies with compression, is that it?
                Honestly I do not remember if these are compressed or not...I only rip main movie and single audio...if its bigger than BD25, then it gets compressed to fit...some movies come out under the BD25 size main movie only and do not require compression. But for movies that are really long like Braveheart, The Watchmen, Forrest Gump etc., it needs to be compressed which I have no problems...

are you ripping main movie only? or the whole disc including menus, extras etc??

Comment

Honestly I do not remember if these are compressed or not...
                  are you ripping main movie only? or the whole disc including menus, extras etc??
                  Ripping main movie only. 1 video, 1 audio, 1 subtitle.

Do you remember other titles that may have compression?

Comment

Do you remember other titles that may have compression?
                    awe shoot man! I don't think I remember very well...

im looking at my list and trying to recall...Pearl Harbor, Twilight (?), G.I. Joe

...crap man, im really at a blank trying to remember which ones needed compression to fit on BD25

Comment

...crap man, im really at a blank trying to remember which ones needed compression to fit on BD25
                      That's ok. Thanks for your help.

Comment

The compression feature is relatively new, if I recall it came out only a few months ago? if that...

I guess give it some time to evolve and send any info to Fengtao?

Comment

I guess give it some time to evolve and send any info to Fengtao?
                          How do i send info to fengtao? Isn't the forum the place he/they collect info?

Comment

Open Fab and insert the problem disc, when Fab starts to scan the disc click cancel and open common settings and click send info.
                            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Post moved to new thread. Compression errors != program crash.
                              Last edited by Complication; 01-13-2010, 03:12 PM. Reason: Thread hijack

Comment

Working...
                              X