Problem with Windows 10 Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Windows 10 Pro

I purchase a new Dell PC that came with Windows 10 Home edition. I installed DVDFAB 9.2.3.5 and was able to rip a Blue Ray disk.

I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and now DVDFAB doesn't work. DVDFAB can't read any DVD's or Blue Ray disks. Also the Windows Media Player will not play any DVD's or Blue Ray disks on Windows 10 Pro.

Has anyone install DVDFAB on a Windows 10 Pro system and got it to work?

Are there any parts I need to install on the Windows 10 Pro system to make DVDFAB work?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

You could try the windows 7 compatibility
    Mode option.

Comment

I tried that with no success.

I'm thinking of creating a virtual Windows 7 system under Windows 10 Pro with Hyper-V. But that's only if there isn't already a solution to this.

Thanks for the help.

Scott

Comment

All

The solution to this is simple. Run DVDFAB in administrator mode.

It now works for DVD's and Blue Ray disks.

Scott

Comment

That should not be necessary, but glad it is working for you now.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

svhopta just out of curiosity did you install the update as a new clean install without saving files from the previous version?
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

I un-installed everything. There was a post to delete DVDFAB directories which I did after the un-install. I then reinstalled the product from the 9.2.3.5 install file.

If there is an issue with that, please let me know.

At least the product now works but it would be nice to know why with my install I have to run it in Administrator mode even though I'm an administrator on the system.

Scott

Comment

I've same problem as you with same OS.

keep me up to date for fix.

Comment

I should have been more specific, I was talking about the Windows 10 update.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Windows 10 PRO: Must Run as Administrator

I wanted to add a confirmation: after performing a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro, and installing DVDFab v9.2.4.2, the product (DVDFab) would not complete a copy of any BD disk - it would hang at 99%, even after allowing the process to run for a full hour. Further, even though I selected the FULL DISK copy mode, the copy process attempted to create just a movie image of the disk - not the full disk.

After updating the DVDFab link (the icon preferences), and selecting to run as Administrator, the product now behaves totally different - I have seen new prompts that I had not seen before, and the product now senses when I insert a disk into the drive (where before, I had to drag/drop the movie Icon).

The copy process now completes correctly too.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Microsoft has lots of junk like that in Win10, things that they think you need to protect yourself but that really are just aggravation. I strongly recommend install and run As Admin.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I can't reproduce this issue on Windows 10 Pro x64. I've tried several and all work as advertised?

Albert Einstein

Comment

had similar problem,my system wouldn't read or play bd,or dvd. settings on fab showed no drives listed.reinstalled bd drivers,allis good.this happened after last win 10 update.hope this helps other members.

Comment

Working...
                          X