This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Cannot Compress Interleaved Source" ??

I took my HD-DVD of Transformers, extracted the .evo files, demuxed the audio and video streams, remuxed the streams as a .m2ts file and finally created a Blu-ray image with the resulting file. At this point I'm left with a disc image that's approximately 22 Gigs. I then mounted the disc image on the virtual drive and ran it through DVDFab to compress it to something manageable like 8 Gig BD-9. That's when I get the following message.

"Cannot Compress Interleaved Source for now, output size will be about 22787 MB" I'm confused. What does this mean.

The fps of the original is 29.97. Is this the issue or is it something else?

Most Blu-Ray content is encoded as progressive (ex. 1080p) at 60fps. The content you have is interleave (ex. 1080i) at 29.97fps. Unfortunately, DVDFab Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray does not yet support interleave content.

Comment

Bummer. I would get a HD-DVD title that was a dud 1080i.

Thanks for the explanation.

Is there a good way to convert 1080i to 1080p?
      Last edited by Smabbage; 01-29-2010, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Well, I found a way but it's far from ideal. I found a program that re-encodes removing the interlace but it's taking 28 hours on a dual core 2.0 Ghz processor for a 2h23min movie. Oof!! Wish the program had CUDA support or something.

Ah well, ya get what you pay for, it was only $35 US.

Comment

Working...
        X