Failure to show that the movie has Cinavia watermark on it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failure to show that the movie has Cinavia watermark on it

I have The Magnificent 7 movie that does have the Cinavia watermark. The software used to tell you if the movie had this watermark but now it does not. Why does it not tell us that it has the
    Cinavia watermark? I back it up and then find out later that it will not play on BD player. This is a waste of my time and expense of the media. I have lifetime Cinavia removal from DVDFab so it should tell me that the watermark is there so I can not fool with backing it up because the copy will not play the audio part.

What can I do to find out if the original disc does in fact have the watermark so I can not back it up? Or better still why is the software not telling me like it used to that the movie does have the
    Cinavia watermark???????????

try clicking common settings - general settings - cinavia - make sure cinavia removal is enabled
    also the movie the Magnificent 7 is not yet supported for cinavia removal - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...lu-ray~7-23-17
    Last edited by october262; 02-26-2018, 11:56 PM.

Comment

I have already checked to make sure that cinavia removal is enabled in settings. I have had it check ever since I bought the Cinavia removal software and it is still enabled.

DVDFab used to tell you that the movie had Cinavia watermark and may not play on most BD players BUT NOW it does not tell you that. I don't see why they have removed this notification so you can know that the movie does have the watermark and not even waste your time backing it up.

Does anyone have an answer as to WHY DVDFAB BD copy does NOT tell you when the movie disc has Cinavia watermark like it used to??????????????

Comment

It should, and the Magnificent Seven (2016) is in the database as being infected. It should pop up a warning during the disc opening process as it always has. If you can locate the DVDFab internal log session from when you made the disc, please attach it to a post.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hope this is what you need: If not let me know. Thanks Tom.

Attached Files
          Last edited by Mona; 02-28-2018, 06:37 AM. Reason: add log file as attachment for better checking

Comment

Hello Tom,

Do you happen to mark the option "Do not show again" in the Cinavia message box?

If so, please find the file fab_config.xml under C:\Users\USERNAEM\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab10, delete it to try again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	do not show again.png
Views:	254
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	350282

Regards,
            mona

Comment

Mona, I find the following files:

fab_config.xml 1-3-2018 9:00PM
              and
              fab_config1.xml 3-1-2018 3:04AM

Which one do I delete?

Tom
              Last edited by TGMcCallie; 03-01-2018, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Can anyone help me with my post above? I need to know which file I need to delete as suggested by post above?

Comment

Hello Tom,

Please delete both.

Regards,
                  mona

Comment

Thanks, I will do that. Another thing. Today I backed up Spider-Man: Homecoming and it is a 2017 SONY release. I did not get any kind of a notice that this had Cinavia which I am almost
                    certain that it does since it is SONY production. I played the backup on my computer that has BD Player Power DVD latest vs which would not play it if it had the watermark. It played so if
                    Spider-Man: Homecoming has the watermark then DVDFab removed the watermark without advising me there was one.

Please let me know if the watermark has been removed in this release.

I will delete both files and try it again to see if it notifies me of the watermark.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by TGMcCallie View Post
                      Today I backed up Spider-Man: Homecoming and it is a 2017 SONY release. I did not get any kind of a notice that this had Cinavia which I am almost
                      certain that it does since it is SONY production. I played the backup on my computer that has BD Player Power DVD latest vs which would not play it if it had the watermark. It played so if
                      Spider-Man: Homecoming has the watermark then DVDFab removed the watermark without advising me there was one.

Tom
                      Hello Tom,

Please post latest dvdfab_internal.log file to this problem.

Regards,
                      Mona

Comment

TGMcCallie As far as I know, Spider-Man Homecoming (RA US, English) does NOT have Cinavia. It seems to me that many studios are slowly dropping Cinavia, perhaps due to the high licensing costs or other reasons. Lionsgate seems to be the only studio that still uses it and even they use it on fewer and fewer titles. Other studios (i.e. Universal and Sony) might still release a title here or there with Cinavia, but most new titles being released do not have it. I read somewhere that there has been an outpouring of complaints against the studios over the years that do use it because of the degraded audio quality even on the original when the Cinavia watermark is introduced into the audio channel. I don't know if its true or not, but that is what I read. What is even stranger is that some titles that do have it in the retail version have been reported to NOT have it on some of the rental versions. Overall, I would surmise that Cinavia might soon be a thing of the past. One can only hope. Or perhaps Verance Corp. (company that produces and licenses Cinavia) will be coming out with something new in the near future.

Comment

Working...
                        X