Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the time limit for Blu-ray disc of videos in 4k?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab v12.0.9.6 (Win) What's the time limit for Blu-ray disc of videos in 4k?

Hey, I've just encountered unknown technical(-ities? Idk if that's a word) difficulties. What's the BD-R time limit for series of videos in UHD 4K also known as 3840x2160?

My Bluray Discs each have 45,1GB of capacity, and my videos should fit just about right (because of the 44,9GB sum), but Im pretty sure the guy which sold me those discs told me that they can fit 8:30h of content per each disc. Let me know what's true about time limit capacity.

The question here seems to be whether these are single layer or double layer BDRs. Single layer is generally 25gb while double layer is 50gb.
    I expect the time estimate has to do with how aggressively these video files have been compressed. More compression saves space at the expense of quality.
    If these are true 4k video files, I can't imagine how one could get much time on a single layer BDR. Keep in mind that commercially made 4kUHD titles are generally pressed onto 66gb or 100gb media.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich86 View Post
      The question here seems to be whether these are single layer or double layer BDRs. Single layer is generally 25gb while double layer is 50gb.
      I expect the time estimate has to do with how aggressively these video files have been compressed. More compression saves space at the expense of quality.
      If these are true 4k video files, I can't imagine how one could get much time on a single layer BDR. Keep in mind that commercially made 4kUHD titles are generally pressed onto 66gb or 100gb media.
      1. The discs are double layered. Hence the 45,1GB capacity.
      2. 4K UHD Videos are cartoons with less colours than for example Avengers.

I want to keep ~23Mbps bitrate for each of the episode (I figured out it's the best value and size wise it just fits).

Comment

Originally posted by har2h View Post

1. The discs are double layered. Hence the 45,1GB capacity.
        2. 4K UHD Videos are cartoons with less colours than for example Avengers.

I want to keep ~23Mbps bitrate for each of the episode (I figured out it's the best value and size wise it just fits).
        what are the file sizes of the 4K UHD Videos cartoons ?? and how many do you have ??
        you might have to convert your 4K movies to blu-ray standard - https://www.dvdfab.cn/resource/4k-me...blu-ray-player

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

what are the file sizes of the 4K UHD Videos cartoons ?? and how many do you have ??
          you might have to convert your 4K movies to blu-ray standard - https://www.dvdfab.cn/resource/4k-me...blu-ray-player
          67 ep. per each 3,3-3,4GB maybe 3,5GB, so total of 13 eps per 1 Season gives roughly 44,9GB netto.

Comment

btw. How do you create chapters to skip between different parts of videos?

Comment

Working...
            X