This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25 GB disc or 50 GB

I am new to the blu-ray disc to disc copy. What size disc do I need to buy to back up my blu-ray?

Most Bluray titles will be over 25GB and currently Fab can only compress the Main Movie only, so if it's the full disc with menus I'd go with the 50GB and if only Main Movie 25GB should be fine.

Edit: Fab can rip the full disc btw just to be clear.
    Last edited by W&B; 03-23-2010, 02:32 PM. Reason: clarified post

Comment

Using DVDFab at the moment, if you want to retain all the special features and menu then you would need the BD50 discs. If you want to copy only the main movie then you can use BD25 and retain most of the quality. DVDFab also has the option to create DB9 and DB5 which use DVD-R media (DL and SL respectively) but still require a Blu-Ray player for playback (much lower quality).

Be warned, however, that any of the options compressing the movie to fit on a smaller disc will require lots of processing power, 10 to 20 hours per title is not uncommon unless you have a very fast PC. Also, there are BD titles that when you cut out the extras and HD audio they will fit on a BD25 without compression.

EDIT: Sorry W&B, didn't see you there.

Comment

Working...
      X