Blu ray to DV9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu ray to DV9

I'm getting what appears to be directors comments over the movie when I attempt a Bluray to DV9 with the 7.0.4.0 trial version. Am I doing something wrong??

You selecting wrong audio track. Main soundtracks usually standing on top of the list and have at least DTS format, or most likely HD or MA (Master) audio. There are other tracks as well, often in AC3 format 5.1 (usually descriptive track for blind) and AC3 2ch (stereo) with commentary. I understand temptation to chose lowest formats and safe space for higher video bitrate, but that would be wrong track (as you already know). Best you can do to reduce size of audio is to select remove HD audio.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Bluray

Thanks for the feedback. I see now see what you mean, however I'm still a little confused. When I sample the AC 3/2 selections I get the voice over.

The only one that doesn't give me the voice over is the DTS HD. I guess thats the only one I want to check, and then also check the "Remove HD Audio"???

Comment

denret

When previewing through the preview screen right click the preview screen and make sure the audio you want is checked and it will reset the preview window, as I have seen always after the last one that you click off is still playing and may give you a false impression of the track you want.
        Hope this helps
        CBR929
        Last edited by CBR929; 05-02-2010, 03:32 PM.
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by denret View Post
          Thanks for the feedback. I see now see what you mean, however I'm still a little confused. When I sample the AC 3/2 selections I get the voice over.

The only one that doesn't give me the voice over is the DTS HD. I guess thats the only one I want to check, and then also check the "Remove HD Audio"???
          Yes denret, main default audio is always best quality out of entire menu. Yes, you want that DTS HD and you want HD part of the track to be removed to make more space available for video stream.
          sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Bluray Sound

Thanks all for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I'm struggling however.

I used the right click option you mentioned and checked my choices. The only choice I have that doesn't give voice-over during the preview is DTS HD sound. I checked the box to exclude and I got no sound at all..........smaller file, longer process time, but no sound.

I'm attaching a screen shot the two AC 3/2 options both give voice over. If I use DTS-HD and then check "Remove HD audio" , I get no voice.

I know I must be missing something.
            Attached Files

Comment

Yes, you are confused. Disregard CBR929 post for a minute. Despite the fact that you can make selections through right-click in preview window, you don't need it.
              Lets go back to square one. Majority movies in US released with three main sound tracks (English, French and Spanish). These are highest quality on DVDFab list, practically all of then HD these days. I suppose you are looking for English, and that's what you need.
              There also additional tracks in more "primitive" format (usually AC3 at the best) - those are Descriptive track for blind, director's commentary, etc. Unless you want to know what on a screen when you can't see it, or you want to know director's "bla bla". you don't need these tracks!!!! Forget about them.
              Now, HD audio is a different issue. If you compressing your movie to BD9 format, you want to leave as much as possible room to video track. More room - less compression, higher bitrate. For you info, if you don't know - DTS HD (MA) along takes about 5 gigabyte of space, and leaves hardly anything for video. So, you want to remove HD component of your audio and strip it down to DTS ( which will take about 1.5-2 gig of space). That's exactly a purpose of selection "Remove HD Audio" option.

I hope my explanation will give you a knowledge for your future rips.
              sigpic

Comment

Audio

Thank you Ipopov50 for the details. The last run I made I selected only DTS-HD and checked the "remove HD Audio option" box. I got rid of the voice over, but I got NO audio.

I'm making another run now with the DTS-HD selected and not checking the remove box. I'll let you know what my results are later.

You cleared up my confusion.

Comment

How did you test playback when you didn't get sound?

Comment

Bluray Sound

Yes, I tested it on my laptop. Maybe I should run in my Bluray stand-alone??

By the way, does anyone have a list of quality Bluray stand-alone's that will play DvdFab created media?

Comment

Blu ray to blu ray with Dvd Fab 7.0.4.0 Trial

Follow up to previous posts..... After many attempts, I have yet to create a usable DV9 file or disc.

NO sound and when I attempt to play the ISO file created with IMG Burn I get "format not recognized" when loaded to the Clone Drive.

I'm really confused? Any suggestions

Comment

Working...
                      X