This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot copy prince of persia

I cannot copy Prince of Persia The sands of Time. I just bought the Blue-Ray disc and i tried to copy before playing the disk, so there is no figerprints or scratch on the disk. When I place the disk in my blue-ray burner it just tries to open the disk for a while and finally i get the opening screen of DVDFAB with no disk information. (nothing to copy). I tried the latest version (8.005) and the beta version 8.011 and get the same result. Does the Prince of Persia Blue-Ray has a copy protection that DVDFab can not decrypt?. I have always have suceess backing up my DVD and Blu-Ray collection with DVDFab. Please help.

Please post your DVDFab logfiles as directed in the "Help Us Help You" sticky on the main DVDFab Blu-ray Copy thread. This will help us narrow down what's wrong, but I'm guessing a bad disc because Prince Of Persia does not have any kind of new protection. I ripped it without issues. Did you buy the 3-disc BD/DVD/Digital Copy Set or the just the regular BD/Digital Copy Set?
    SPECS
    DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
    SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

I was able to rip this BD, R1, v.8011 Beta, PP enabled, without any problems at all. No decrypting failure here, at least not R1.
      Could be anything from a bad disc, to incorrect settings, to who knows what.

Post some details including your internal and process logs if you have them.
      Have a look at your A/V Codec settings. You may have to tinker with them.
      In the interim, try changing H.264 video decoder to "Software" if you haven't already

// Edit
      Hey Racem22, I see I'm slower than usual, if that's possible...
      So I'll just say good evening and good night.
      Last edited by maineman; 09-17-2010, 04:51 AM.
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I couldn't even open Prince of Persia with DVDFab 8011; however, I was able to decrypt it using DVDFab Passkey, I then ripped it to the harddrive using ImgBurn. From there you can do as you please with it in DVDFab.

BTW, I have the 3-disc set.

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
          I was able to rip this BD, R1, v.8011 Beta, PP enabled, without any problems at all. No decrypting failure here, at least not R1.
          Could be anything from a bad disc, to incorrect settings, to who knows what.

Post some details including your internal and process logs if you have them.
          Have a look at your A/V Codec settings. You may have to tinker with them.
          In the interim, try changing H.264 video decoder to "Software" if you haven't already

// Edit
          Hey Racem22, I see I'm slower than usual, if that's possible...
          So I'll just say good evening and good night.
          same here R1 v.8011b movie only BD25. all is good with fab.
          Windows 7 64bit ultimate
          CPU: i7 4770K @4.5 vcore@1.28v temps 27c/67c
          RAM: 16GB DDR3 @2133
          GPU: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB
          SSD: 2 X 60GB OCZ vertex 3 RAID 0 (boot drive)
          HHD: 1 TB WD BLK (storage and back up)
          PSU: 760W ,Fans 1x200mm and 2x120mm

Comment

maineman: Haha nah you're not slow man, you just don't have to move fast for anyone(like Paulie from the movie "Goodfellas").
            SPECS
            DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
            SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

I managed to rip this title very easily. try connecting to internet when you open the movie. (No need to stay connected while it rips) However when i try to copy the copy it says it is protected! Any solutions to remove the protection or save file of movie only as one mts file?

Comment

I have not being able to open the disk. I get a clean screen with no data after a few seconds. Dvdfab passkey just runs for a few seconds and does not open the disk. In the past i have being able to copy blue-ray disk. I am attaching dvdfab and dvdfab passkey log files. Please help
                Attached Files

Comment

Prince of Persia is known to have bad presses around and from the Passkey internal logs passkey was able to open the Blu-ray. Your DVDFab internal logs are not complete. I was able to rip, compress and convert this Blu-ray no problems over a week ago so I suggest to exchange for another Blu-ray and try again

Comment

Please try new version 8.0.1.5

http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=8187

Comment

Prince of Persia... same issue as described

I bought the 3 pack blue ray combo...8.0.0.5 opens the disc but the rip dies about 1GB into the movie. The preview playback is grainy and the audio cuts in and out....I should note the movie plays just fine on my PS3, and my magnavox blue ray... so I don't think the issue is with the disc.

Comment

Originally posted by dcatcha View Post
                        I bought the 3 pack blue ray combo...8.0.0.5 opens the disc but the rip dies about 1GB into the movie. The preview playback is grainy and the audio cuts in and out....I should note the movie plays just fine on my PS3, and my magnavox blue ray... so I don't think the issue is with the disc.
                        I as well have the Combo pack and had no problems with Prince of Persia. ripped the BD to HDD. Compressed it and even converted to WMV without issues and playback was awesome on computer using TMT3

Comment

prince of perisa

I tried for 3rd time last night to copy the movie to my hard drive and it failed after 6GB. When I checked the log in the morning DVD was shut down, no process in task manager... I looked at my log and it looks like it just stopped. I can post the log when I get home tonight.

What I am seeing is when I attempt to copy the movie it has the wrong audio playback it talks about using the remote when you see the dagger in the corner of the screen... From what DVDFAB preview shows me it is looking at the wrong track & the wrong audio. On the selection screen I see two boxes I can choose from that are nearly two hours long but both when previewed are identical, and have the same audio playback about what to do when you see the dagger on your screen.
                          Last edited by dcatcha; 09-22-2010, 02:10 PM.

Comment

prince of perisa fix

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                            I as well have the Combo pack and had no problems with Prince of Persia. ripped the BD to HDD. Compressed it and even converted to WMV without issues and playback was awesome on computer using TMT3

I did finally get it to work. As I stated before I was seeing two selections roughtly 2 hours long to choose from to record. I think that was the BD live feature... I installed the 8.0.1.5 beta then the copy worked with no issues.

Comment

Working...
                            X