Burning Iron Man 2 Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning Iron Man 2 Blu-ray

I've noticed in a few threads that there are some who claim to have successfully ripped/copied Iron Man 2 on blu-ray and either burned it to a blu-ray disc and "chaptered" it thru to check it, watched it entirely from their computer and all claim they have eliminated the jitters. NO CAN DO. You have to burn it to a Blu-ray disc and watch it completely thru (not chapter it thru) to see these jitter problems. So far as I can tell, there is still not a recent version of DVDFab that has fixed this problem. One person claims to have done it with version 6.2.1.8 but doesn't say if he burned it to a disc and watched it thru. I've not tried this yet but I'm on about 6 coasters now.

Please post your DVDFab logfiles as directed in the Help Us Help You sticky. Also, you should think about investing in a rewritable disc.
    SPECS
    DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
    SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

iron man 2

I indeed have sucessfully eliminated the jitters and pauses, but it must be something with the compression to BD25 in DVDfab. Here's what I did:

1) Cloned disc as an .iso to my hard drive
      2) used the "full movie" option in Fab and decrypted it to a BD50
      3) used (removed) to compress to BD25 and allowed it to burn with ImgBurn.

I watched the entire movie and there was not one jitter or pause thoughout.

Here's a clip of the internal log when I tried to compress to BD25 using Fab; this was about 66m into the job:

66m 21.05s: processing source(00800.m2ts)
      66m 21.09s: CoreAVC for video decoding enabled
      66m 22.23s: h264_encode: encode param profile(2) level(41) bitrate(14416)
      70m 56.23s: group(00800.m2ts ) playtime(143935 ms) source(686 MB) request(392 MB) real(396 MB) bitrate(14416 kbps)
      70m 56.31s: warning: ggnode(00394.m2ts ) estimate_out_size > source_size(0.00109863 MB), video_source(0 MB), drop(0 MB), estimate_out_video(0 MB)
      70m 56.34s: processing source(00802.m2ts)
      70m 56.39s: CoreAVC for video decoding enabled
      70m 56.50s: h264_encode: encode param profile(2) level(41) bitrate(14486)
      72m 25.59s: group(00802.m2ts ) playtime(44753 ms) source(215 MB) request(124 MB) real(123 MB) bitrate(14486 kbps)
      72m 25.65s: warning: ggnode(00394.m2ts ) estimate_out_size > source_size(0.00109863 MB), video_source(0 MB), drop(0 MB), estimate_out_video(0 MB)

Wonder if the warnings are a clue as I never seen them on past compressions.
      Last edited by AGJ; 10-03-2010, 10:27 PM. Reason: General Policies

Comment

Chazlee1, I've been using DVDFab exclusively to rip, Imgburn to burn, so I'm not familiar with the (removed). Frankly, I dont understand why DVDFab works so good on all the other back-ups I've done, over 100, but has such problems with Iron Man 2. By what I've been reading I'm not alone. I welcome any suggestions that involve using only DVDFab.
        Last edited by AGJ; 10-03-2010, 10:28 PM. Reason: General Policies

Comment

I have a feeling it's something to do with the scripts and compression. I'm sure Fengtao will come up with a fix soon.

Comment

I have also tried may different scenarios with no luck. I cant even open the original blu ray in the older versions. I have tried 3. What is (removed)?

Comment

Originally posted by wilbur View Post
              What is (removed)?
              another programs name and should not even be mentioned here whether it freeware or not. Give the General Policies a read to know why

Comment

I used 6.2.1.8 movie only to BD25 and burned with IMG burn. Played the movie on my Oppo for the first 45 min. There were no jitters in the areas that had them before. I made the assumption the rest of the movie would be ok. Robin Hood had the same issues when i used 8.0.0.5. Redid the movie with 6.2.1.8 and all is ok. Version 8 has introduced a problem which i'm sure they are working on.

Comment

still no update..yea i tried older version but didnt work for me, looks like iron man and robin hood isnt doable... i tried imgeburn but the program told me the disc wasnt big enough, then i just stoped the program.. so ill just wait for a update....
                  Intel quad q6600 2.4Ghz
                  OCZ 2 gig memery
                  nvidia 9800gtx+
                  Windows 7 ultimate
                  >>>ASUS BW 12B1ST <<<

Comment

I dropped down to version 7.0.9.0 and had no issues with get him to the greek or ironman 2. No jitters or anything where they were before. Give 7.0.9.0 a try and it should work just fine.

Comment

To understand what issues you talk about ... on which process is the problem exactly?

a) Taking the blu-ray down to hard disk 1:1
                      b) Taking the whole disc down to a BR-25 ... conversion
                      c) Taking the main movie down to a BR-25 .... conversion

I guess a) should always for 100%, right? I encountered problems with method b), when the last seconds of every m2ts were freezing, but the audio continued.

I have just used method c) but did not yet burn it on a disc to really check for jitters and stuff. But I checked the end and did not get any freeze there.

Comment

Working...
                      X