Rip to ISO or Folders in BD9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rip to ISO or Folders in BD9

I have a media center computer where I would like to rip some blu-ray movies for playback using the ArcSoft DVD player software. I have purchased a Blu-ray to Blu-ray license, and I would like to compress the movies to BD9. I would also like to back up some of the movies to double layer DVD's to play on a standalone Blu-ray player. That's because the DVD blanks are less expensive than the Blu-ray blanks.

My question is about the best process for ripping to the hard drive so I can later burn a BD9. I was thinking that perhaps I should create ISO's instead of ripping to the normal folder structure that DVDFab creates (BDMV). I have ripped a sample Blu-ray movie to a folder, and DVDFab created a BDMV and Certificate folder. The ArcSoft DVD player recognizes the folder structure, but I have not tried burning those folders to BD9. I thought if I instead created a BD9 ISO on the hard drive, it would be easier to later burn it to a double layer DVD blank, using ImgBurn. Are there any issues with the ArcSoft DVD playback software if I have ISO files on my hard drive, rather than a BDMV folder and all the subfolders? If it is better to use the BDMV folders for playback, are there any issues with later creating a BD9 DVD on a double layer DVD blank from those Blu-ray movie folders?

From another posting, it said that the best way to compress a movie to BD9 is to first rip to the hard drive in BD50, then compress the BD50 rip to BD9. Supposedly, this saves time. Is this also the correct way to do it if creating a BD9 ISO file?

Hope this is not too many questions in one posting! Thanks!
Working...
X