Terminator Salvation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terminator Salvation

Had a chance to test the new BD to DVD using Terminator Salvation (R1) to DVD5. The finished result showed a Play Time of only 5 min 36 sec when viewed in DVD Ripper. Obviously the DVD authoring part is a bit off.

DVD Shrink could see the entire 1:54.28 running time. A quick re-author with Shrink fixed the issues and DVD Ripper could then see the entire movie too. Although, the total size was 21mb over the 4300mb default limit in DVDFab.

I must say, I was quite impressed by the quality of the video and dead on conversion of DTS-HD Master/5.1 to AC3 5.1 in perfect sync. I'm sure once the DVD authoring and size issues are ironed out this will be an outstanding module. I would suggest that opening completed BD to DVD conversions in DVD Ripper (with path player always on) be a standard QA test for compliance.

Now, if I can only get this fine audio conversion code in this module put into BD Ripper. I'd love to have M2TS.videocopy.AC3/5.1, M2TS.H264.AC3/5.1, and M2TS.H264.audiocopy as options. My PS3 doesn't like MKV, VC-1, or DTS in a file and I'm not a fan of AAC audio (required for the MP4 container). I realize that I can create an MKV and then remux it but it seems like something that should be included. Even a MKV.videocopy.AC3 profile would be helpful.

Ever forward.
Working...
X