Not "Finding Nemo"!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD to BD Not "Finding Nemo"!!

Trying every-which-way to back-up "Finding Nemo" Discs 1 and 2 FROM DVD to Blu-ray (among others movies with which I'm having similar problems)... I can back up the main movie, but when I select "other titles" and check the boxes, I get all the way to the final page and when I hit the "Start" button the whole program just disappears...no error message, no black screen, no hesitation, just vanishes!!
    Any assistance, advice, ideas...will be very welcome,
    Thanks

No one can help you without the DVDFab internal log session from this conversion. Instructions for attaching it to a post are linked in my sig, below.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
      Please see attachments...the most recent logs....but I have tried several other 2-Disc movies and when the "other titles" are checked the process fails, sometimes crashes completely, sometimes just freezes, seems to vary...
      (one log exceeded the attachment size)
      Thanks again
      Mike
      Attached Files

Comment

The Finding Nemo log shows that all was normal until cancelled,
        0m 31.39s: user cancelled
        so please start the disc again and let it run, some of the Disney titles can take several minutes to analyze. Also, make sure PathPlayer is set to Always Enable in DVDFab settings. I am looking for my copy of the disc to try to reproduce what you are seeing.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi, thank you for taking the time to analyze the logs. I have tried many different ways to get the entire Disc, with ALL it's "other titles" from the DVD on to the Blu-ray disc...I've copied the DVD in "full disc", .iso, Blu-ray folder and direct from the disc, and it always gets stopped somehow. Two times it got to 81% complete and stopped...the progress bar was still "moving" but I let it run overnight at 81% and in the morning it was still the same.
          There are many "other titles" on this Disc 1, 99 I believe, do you think it's just too complex for DVDFab?
          I will continue to try it, and will post any logs that seem to be relevant.
          Thanks again, I appreciate your help.
          Mike

Comment

Just to follow up on my most recent post.
            I tried to back-up the DVD (Finding Nemo Disc 1) directly to a 25gb Blu Ray disc; just the one operation, no saving in a folder to burn later, here are the logs and some screen shots of the attempt.
            Attached Files

Comment

here's the DVD to Bluray tutorial - http://www.dvdfab.cn/tutorial/dvd-to-blu-ray-converter

Comment

Thanks October262. I've gone over those tutorials, all of them a dozen times each, and as far as I can tell I'm following the instructions to the letter (see the screenshots) As I say, if I don't load the "other titles" I've had success backing-up the main movies, but I like to back-up all the other "behind the scenes" stuff too!
                I'm wondering if I should perhaps delete the entire DVDFab program and reinstall it, perhaps mine has been corrupted some how?
                Thanks again

Comment

are you using the dvd to bluray as a " trial user " or is it " registered " ???

Comment

I'm using the trial version of the 'DVD to Blu-ray" with a view to buying, I'm a lifetime member for everything else.
                    Thanks

Comment

try saving to a folder first, then try burning.
                      instead of burning/copying directly to the disc.
                      Last edited by october262; 01-09-2016, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Thanks again.
                        I've tried saving to a folder and as an .iso, several times, and several different movies. No problems saving as a "full disc" or as .iso, and loading into the "to Blu-ray" window. But converting and burning is where the problem is. Two different times I got as far as 81% of the 5th conversion (the list on the left) and it stopped; the progress bar continued to move, but it stayed at the 81% mark. One of the times I let it run at 81% overnight (about 7 hours)...didn't budge.
                        Thanks again

Comment

Hi MtheG
                          Please make sure that your GPU drivers are up to date http://www.geforce.com/drivers. Also make sure that you disable CUDA in Fab settings see pic...
                          Title 54 chapter 4 is a FBI pop up screen not sure why you would want that
                          CBR929
                          Attached Files
                          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Hi CBR929,
                            Thanks for your time and advice. I did indeed need to update both Java and the GPU drivers. I also checked the "disable all codecs...."
                            Unfortunately to no avail. I tried different movies this time - Shrek 1 Discs 1 and 2, Shrek 2, Pleasantville and Big Fish - all of which I've tried before with no luck; I tried to burn to a 50GB BD. Everything went OK til I hit the final "Start" button and...poof!....everything disappeared!
                            The log for this effort was too big to be attached in one piece so I broke it into 4 separate parts. Perhaps, if you have time, you could check to see if there's any information in there that might sort out the problem?
                            Thanks again
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi MtheG
                              I ran Finding Nemo through the DVD2Blu-Ray and everything went fine. I only used the main movie and no other titles, surprisingly it took 20 minutes and produced a 3.72 GB file. Not sure where yours is failing by the logs.
                              Have you checked to see if there is enough space on your HDD your sending the file to? Took DVD Fab a while to open this disc, a lot of encryption on it.
                              CBR929
                              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X