Blu-ray to DVD keeps crashing while creating ISO file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray to DVD keeps crashing while creating ISO file

I have had multiple crashes while trying to copy a Blu-ray to an ISO for later making DVDs. A number of MKVs get into the ISO (generally 7 or so) before the program stops. I have sent several reports about this but have heard nothing. I'm trying to attach an example ZIP from one of my crash reports, but keep getting errors when attaching a ZIP.

Originally posted by LanceG View Post
    I have had multiple crashes while trying to copy a Blu-ray to an ISO for later making DVDs. A number of MKVs get into the ISO (generally 7 or so) before the program stops. I have sent several reports about this but have heard nothing. I'm trying to attach an example ZIP from one of my crash reports, but keep getting errors when attaching a ZIP.
    Sorry for the trouble. When the crash happens, please try again to save it to your local hard drive and then post it here.
    Or, please PM me your registered email, so that we can locate the crash files you sent in our database, thanks.

Comment

Hi LanceG, from the log file, you were choosing a few titles from one playlist to convert to DVD and failed.
      We need a source to help check it out. Please use Copy-Clone mode to create an ISO file and then upload this ISO file to our FTP to help check it out. Thank you.

Comment

Thanks, Mona. But what is "Copy-Clone mode"? Is it something I can do in DVDFab or is it separate software? And how do I upload to your FTP site?

Comment

OOPS! I suddenly remembered that "Clone/Burn" is part ofthe DVD copy program, Silly me! I'm now making an ISO of my Blu-Ray using the Blu-Ray Copy program. I thought that I'd be FTPing the whole ISO of the Blu-Ray (Many GBs!) but I suddenly realized that perhaps I could actually use the ISO I'm making to accomplish what I was trying to do with the Blu-Ray to DVD ISO I was trying to make when I got the errors! I'll see if it works.....

Comment

I was able to successfully use Blu-ray Copy to make the ISO file. I can still send the huge ISO file if you want it, though it seems like I can work around the problem this way.

Comment

I was able to successfully use Blu-ray Copy to make the ISO file. I can still send the huge ISO file if you want it, though it seems like I can work around the problem this way.
              Thank you for the update. If you still want to convert it to DVD, you can send us the ISO file, we will check for you. And maybe you can use this ISO file as source to convert to DVD to see the result

Comment

Yes, I still would like to send the file, even though I was able to use it to make my DVDs. I do want to be able to make DVDs with this package without having to buy a whole set of Blu-ray utilities. I've sent you a PM request for FTP server access.

Comment

This problem still exists and is driving me nuts! It only happens with one Blu-ray as far as I've seen. Here are my latest log files:
                  Attached Files

Comment

This problem still exists and is driving me nuts! It only happens with one Blu-ray as far as I've seen. Here are my latest log files:
                    We've tested with your source, on different computers and with different DVDFab versions, the movie can be converted to DVD without issue. Maybe you can try it on a different computer?

Comment

Working...
                    X