Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Question Cinavia removal process not fully understood

Hi,
    This is a general question about the way the Cinavia removal process works.
    I recently used DVDFab to remove Cinavia from the Men In Black 3 blu-ray in Full Disc mode, creating an ISO file on my hard drive. I then continued with DVDFab Ripper to extract the main movie out of this ISO file, expecting the resulting mkv movie to not contain Cinavia.
    I repeated the same process again (full disc copy, ripper), only this time I did not tick the Cinavia removal option on the full disc copy. The resulting .mkv file appears very similar (although not identical) to the first one.
    Cinavia detector CinDe claims Cinavia is present in both files (although I'm not sure how reliable this tool is).
    My Samsung tv is able to play both files to the end with no audio loss.

I'm not sure what I'm seeing here.
    - Is it reasonable to expect that once I remove Cinavia in Full Disc Copy mode, subsequent ripping of the movie from this ISO file will also have no Cinavia?
    - Why is my Samsung tv (purchased about 6 months ago) able to play both files with no issues?

Any help would be appreciated.

Once you remove Cinavia in Full Disc mode, the result file should be free of Cinavia.
    Did you mark the option for Cinavia removal in the Advanced Settings panel under Full Disc mode for creating iso file?
    What is the version (released country) of your Men In Black 3 blu-ray?
    Please post dvdfab_internal.log file too. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Mona,

My log file is quite massive, so I'm adding the relevant sections here.

So just to confirm my understanding, once the Full-Disc copy is complete, with the Cinavia removal option turned on, any subsequent rips from this ISO file should be Cinavia free, is this correct?
      dvdfab_internal-MIB3.log

Comment

Forgot to mention, the Blu-ray region is region B

Comment

Originally posted by avw611 View Post
          So just to confirm my understanding, once the Full-Disc copy is complete, with the Cinavia removal option turned on, any subsequent rips from this ISO file should be Cinavia free, is this correct?
          Correct.

We are trying to reproduce the problem, will keep you posted.

Comment

UPDATE: Fixed in the latest version of DVDFab, please update to try again. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X