Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable To open DVDFab

Actually unable to Launch DVDFab.

Just got a new laptop, Sony VPCS137GX running Winows 7 Professional.
    I was trying to install the latest version of DVDFab, and it seems to install with no issues, but it will not actually launch. I get the windows spinning circle for about 10 seconds and then it goes away but no DVDFab running?
    Last edited by Guest; 02-04-2011, 03:25 AM. Reason: corrected title

Solved ! ! !

SOLVED ! ! !

It looks like a ocrrupt file during the installation caused the problem. I tried the DVDFab Uninstall rebooted and installed a fresh download, but DVDFab will still not launch. No error messages or anything, just the spinning cicle for a few seconds and then nothing.

I found s guide in here somewhere on how to do a complete uninstall, and that seem to do the trick. The DVDFab uninstaller does not seem to do a good job in actually uninstalling everything. The guide to do a complete uninstall might need a little bit of updating but it was golden in helping me solve the issue in my Windows 7.

Wanted to post it in case somebody else runs into this problem.

Comment

I've seen a few posts from users who are having a similar experience with the latest version 8073.
      I have no idea what commonality might exist.
      I'm running Win 7 Pro 64-bit and have no problems

If you haven't...
      Please delete the current 8073 installer, D/L a new installer, save to your hdd, close and then right click on the installer and "run as administrator"

If this doesn't work, you might try running CCleaner and also run the registry scan/fix...
      or run the previous version 8072 Beta until a solution is found or the bug is fixed
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie View Post
        SOLVED ! ! !

Glad you got it up and running.
        (Looks like I was too slow...)
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Down Again

Well looks like its down again after a reboot. I think DVDFab cant find my DVD drive. Either way a complete uninstalled failed this time also, and I have no anti virus running on here. I try to launch DVDFab and all I get is a spinning circle for a few seconds and then nothing.

Back to square 1.

Comment

Unable To Open or Launch DVDFab

OK tried a complete uninstall rebooted and installed a fresh copy running as administrator, with no anti virus and DVDFab simply will not launch. No error messages either. Out of ideas, will sit back and hope somebody here has an asnwer.

Thanks.

Comment

Mr. Administrator:

Are you going to instruct us on how to solve this problem?

Problem signature:
              Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
              Application Name: DVDFab.exe
              Application Version: 8.0.7.3
              Application Timestamp: 4d43ffc4
              Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
              Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18005
              Fault Module Timestamp: 49e03821
              Exception Code: c0000005
              Exception Offset: 00039747
              OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
              Locale ID: 1033
              Additional Information 1: bfef
              Additional Information 2: e8adce1c2b9e7be834b4063ac3c53863
              Additional Information 3: bfef
              Additional Information 4: e8adce1c2b9e7be834b4063ac3c53863

Read our privacy statement:

Comment

No, you are going to fix it yourself by reading how to install Fab correctly as Admnistrator.

There are only 482 posts on this subject. Do a little research !!!
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

It is installed as administrator.

No have not been able to solve the problem, I did an uninstall and installed and older beta version as suggested with the same issue. Clean install no errors, but DVDFab will not launch. No errors, no messages, just a spinning circle for a few seconds like it's going to load and then nothing.

Comment

Solved For Sure Now !!!

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                    I've seen a few posts from users who are having a similar experience with the latest version 8073.
                    I have no idea what commonality might exist.
                    I'm running Win 7 Pro 64-bit and have no problems

If you haven't...
                    Please delete the current 8073 installer, D/L a new installer, save to your hdd, close and then right click on the installer and "run as administrator"

If this doesn't work, you might try running CCleaner and also run the registry scan/fix...
                    or run the previous version 8072 Beta until a solution is found or the bug is fixed
                    Did not have to run CCleaner, but doing a complete uninstall and then downloaded an older beta I think it was 8072 per your instructions and it does launch properly now. I am still not sure why 8073 would not work properly, but looks like it's all good now.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X