error=122

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

error=122

ever since i installed any of the qt versions i have not been able to copy any of my movies. its goes through the first steps but when inserting a blank dvd it seems like it starts to burn but come up failed to burn. the message is task_2 failed! Error=122. can anyone help me? running a dell laptop with vista.

Originally posted by ryanmarton View Post
    when inserting a blank dvd it seems like it starts to burn but come up failed to burn. the message is task_2 failed! Error=122. can anyone help me? running a dell laptop with vista.
    Here's description of your error message:
    122 HWS_FAILED_CALIBRATING 22 // Write failed at the beginning of the media (often a media that is poorly supported by the drive)
    and there are couple of things I want to add to this:
    (1) first of all, always kleep your machine updated. Especially laptop. Naturally, due to limitation in size and power supply, optical drives used in laptops are slim (which is bad) and weak. If driver isn't current and you using far from perfect burning software, you pretty much screwed.
    (2) I hope you realized that your error is not DVDFab fault, but rather burning engine you using. And I can tell that you are using VSO.
    My advise to you is to follow this link: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=12 do whatever it says and set up your DVDFab to work with ImgBurn. You will thank me later.
    (3) And last. Because you have "calibrating error" (and I mentioned above power shortage in laptops), it's very important to keep your drive clean. Please clean lenses!!! Dirty lenses stealing power!!!

I hope this hepl
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
    X