X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automated ripping?

Hi,
    Love the capabilities of DVDfab. One thing I haven't figured out yet (and if it's not in the capabilities, would suggest as a new feature): using DVDfab as an automated ripper. I'm looking to go to folder (VIDEO_TS), and do something like RIPIT on the Mac.

Here's what I've got happening: I've successfully set DVDfab up so that when I insert the DVD it notices and starts up. I then have to click "start" (would prefer that to happen without a click), and when the rip is done, I have to close, finish, and exit DVDfab. Instead, I'd like it to continue to eject the disk, as it does now, and then accept the next disk and go to town.

Any advice?
    thanks!
    w

After it analyzes the dvd the screen pops up so you can remove anything that you don"t want it to burn. If you have 2 drives you can set it up to rip and burn in 1 step with image burn in the guides an tips section of dvd fab. Hope this helps
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

@waldemar

What if you are just inserting a DVD to VIEW only ?

Have you been sipping seaweed juice ?

Welcome to the forum ..
      AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

You use a batch file to do this. Refer to:

If you only have 1 drive enter 1 drive in drive string. You will have to double click the desktop icon for each rip or series of rips if you have more than 1 drive. This should work with 6.2.1.5. I need to test this and update the app note.

You may be able to trigger the batch file as soon as you load the DVD. I have not looked at that but it should be possible. This would avoid even clicking the icon but it may create other problems.

Comment

Thanks, Bill - almost there! The .bat file, amended for my particulars, is working well. All that's missing is some way of having the batch file autostart itself when I insert the disk (this is on Windows 7, btw). I've checked the autoplay options in Control Panel, but everything there is related to the normal DVD stuff (dvdfab, dvdplayer, etc.).

If someone knows where to add another option in the registry, in this case to run a .bat file when a disk is inserted, that'd be great! Otherwise I'll go poking around to see what I can find.

(And to AlienX9 - please read posts before replying: I'm setting up an automated ripper, so viewing files would not be an issue. No idea what seaweed juice would be, anyway.)

cheers,
          waldemar

Comment

Check this link out below

has a command line and might be helpful to you

Comment

Originally posted by waldemar View Post
              Here's what I've got happening: I've successfully set DVDfab up so that when I insert the DVD it notices and starts up. I then have to click "start" (would prefer that to happen without a click), and when the rip is done, I have to close, finish, and exit DVDfab. Instead, I'd like it to continue to eject the disk, as it does now, and then accept the next disk and go to town.

Any advice?
              thanks!
              w
              IF it is okay to comment, I would prefer it exactly as it is, or IF you change it PLEASE at least have the option of either way.

When I copy I like the waiting to press start as this gives me as much time as I like/need to view the preview, then when I am happy it IS okay, I press start.

Also at the end of the burn now it allows you the option of burning another DVD of the same title, and of course saving the files should you want to by NOT clicking finish.

IF you ONLY did it the other way you would lose all these options.

NOT whining, just trying to help.

Comment

Originally posted by davidh View Post
                IF it is okay to comment, I would prefer it exactly as it is, or IF you change it PLEASE at least have the option of either way.

When I copy I like the waiting to press start as this gives me as much time as I like/need to view the preview, then when I am happy it IS okay, I press start.

Also at the end of the burn now it allows you the option of burning another DVD of the same title, and of course saving the files should you want to by NOT clicking finish.

IF you ONLY did it the other way you would lose all these options.

NOT whining, just trying to help.
                Where does your post offer help to this user davidh?

Comment

Working...
                X