Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9.0.5.5 problem with FREE HD Decrypter

Hi folks!

Long-time user of DVDfab and have never had a problem until now.

I strictly use the FREE version (HD Decrypter) and it works flawlessly.
    Yesterday I went to decrypt a movie and was prompted to upgrade to newest version 9.0.5.5, and so I did as I have many times before.

This time however, when running the new version - I got a notice (in red) that the Trial version of Copy/Full Disc was expired, even though it also says that my HD Decrypter Free Edition never expires and (in green) was Activated!

It also asks me to register and pay, but how/why could I do that for the FREE version?? I'm very confused and would really appreciate some advice!

Thanks in advance!

As most users on this forum are PAID subscribers, it'll be pretty hard for us to diagnose what's going on because we are unable to emulate your environment.

You'll just have to be patient (and lucky) until someone can assist that's in a similar situation to you.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
      As most users on this forum are PAID subscribers, it'll be pretty hard for us to diagnose what's going on because we are unable to emulate your environment.

You'll just have to be patient (and lucky) until someone can assist that's in a similar situation to you.
      Hi GregiBoy,

That's quite understandable, and thanks for replying!

Comment

just a wild guess here, if this is a new release movie, the free version would be behind on
        decryption updates unlike the paid subscribers.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
          just a wild guess here, if this is a new release movie, the free version would be behind on
          decryption updates unlike the paid subscribers.
          Hi October262,

Good guess, but nahh... just an oldie. Thanks for trying though!

Comment

Originally posted by Neilyum View Post
            Hi October262,

Good guess, but nahh... just an oldie. Thanks for trying though!
            read here - http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=879

Comment

I had read that before posting my original plea for help, and although I agree with it, I still don't understand why the FREE version would just stop working altogether. It's simply dead in the water, totally dysfunctional.

I still appreciate you trying to help!!

Comment

what movie are you trying to copy?? the more information you provide the better we can help. it may be a movie that the developers havn't cracked yet.

Comment

what movie are you trying to copy?? the more information you provide the better we can help. it may be a movie that the developers havn't cracked yet.
                  It doesn't seem to matter, they're all old. Nothing new or cutting edge.

I'm considering actually purchasing a one-year license just to be able to use the FREE version once again. [sigh]

Comment

If a full disc uncompressed copy is the goal Passkey might be a more cost effective option. I think there is a trial period and may be a free lite version, not 100% sure about that.
                    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                      If a full disc uncompressed copy is the goal Passkey might be a more cost effective option. I think there is a trial period and may be a free lite version, not 100% sure about that.
                      Hi 90312,

Thank you for the suggestion, but I've already taken the plunge and purchased a one-year DVD-Copy (Full Disc) for $39 with 20% off discount. Still not sure why the FREE HD Decrypter doesn't work any more, but at least I'm set for a while now.

Thank you, and thank all of you who tried to help!

Comment

Originally posted by Neilyum View Post
                        It doesn't seem to matter, they're all old. Nothing new or cutting edge.

I'm considering actually purchasing a one-year license just to be able to use the FREE version once again. [sigh]
                        if the movie is an old release the try disable pathplayer in settings
                        and try to rip again.

Comment

Working...
                        X