• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copying DVD Movies and Series

I am converting all my DVD movies and series to ISO files for use on a
    Dune HD Base 3D. I know the Dune is capable of playing ISO files, so I
    am copying the movies as just Movie Only ISO's. The Dune is also capable
    of DVD ISO - Complete with full menu control (exact disc behavior). My question is on the option "Clone/Burn", under the "Advanced Settings" button.

The "Advanced Settings" has 2 options: "Copy DVD-Video Data Only" and "Copy Original IFO Files". If I want to make a complete copy of a series DVD that includes full menu control for the Dune HD Base 3D, which of these options do I check?

Select 'Copy DVD_Video...' . This just excludes other files that may be on the disc outside of the VIDEO_TS folder. If you select '..original IFOs', some protections will not be removed, so skip that. Clone mode will still have all the previews, warnings and other crap that they put on discs. To my thinking a Main Movie ISO is a better option and is much smaller. But if the disc has extras or features you want to be able to select, use Clone or Full Disc to ISO. For TV series DVDs, consider using Customize mode, which will allow you to preserve the disc menus and copy all the episodes and worthwhile extras but exclude previews and FBI warnings (if you are willing to take the time to find them using the Preview function).
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the reply... I am already using the Main Movie ISO mode for all the movies (will take a while, as I have 500 or so movies to convert!). I will look into the Customize mode for the TV Series DVD's, as I would not have thought of that option...

Comment

Ok, but could I also choose to copy the TV Series DVD using Full Disk as the option and then clicking the Advanced Settings and choosing the following: (see attached picture),
        and then making sure it was saved as an .ISO?

Would that not be easier/faster than using the Customize mode to "copy all the episodes and worthwhile extras but exclude previews and FBI warnings"?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by rggauld; 02-17-2014, 09:14 PM. Reason: Added picture/text

Comment

Yes, absolutely. But remember that the 'annoying PGCs' removal depends on how the disc is authored and may not be 100% effective and the Previews of other discs will still be there to take up space, even if you are jumping over them to get to the menu. You can write it to a folder or ISO.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X