Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is internet access suddenly required?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is internet access suddenly required?

I properly purchased and registered my copy of DVDFab 9 (version 9.1.8.3), was working fine up until tonight. Now, suddenly, it is requiring me to be connected to the internet before I can use it.
    Specifically, it states that "Internet connection is required for login and analysing Blu-ray source".
    What is going on with this? First off, I don't use Blu-rays, just DVD's. Secondly, why would I need to connect to the internet and login just to use this program? As I mentioned, I have used this program in the past and there was never a requirement to be connected to the internet.
    Can someone please explain to me why everything suddenly changed?
    Thanks in advance

the internet connection is required for bluray decryption and to verify
    your valid license. new release movies often require a valid dvd copy license
    for decryption. valid members get first access to new release copy protections
    than the free hd decrypter version.

Comment

Thanks for the reply
      Some questions tho -
      I do not use bluray, just DVD's, so why does it need to be connected to the internet to decrypt blurays?

As far as verifying my valid license, not sure what you mean. I registered my copy of DVDFab after I purchased and installed it. They know I have a valid license or they would not have let me register it.
      When you say "new release movies often require a valid dvd copy license for decryption" can you please explain what that means? Who is requiring this?
      What I really don't understand is why, after using this program for several months, it only now starts the requirement for me to be connected to the internet. What changed?
      I connect to the internet only when I need to (like now). When I am done with whatever I need to do, I disconnect (I have my router connected to a remote controlled outlet, "click" I'm connected, "click" I'm disconnected). There are just too many "bad guys" out there for me to risk being arbitrarily connected to the internet when I do not have to be connected. And certainly not for the amount of time DVDFab takes to back up a DVD.
      Thanks again for your help

Comment

the decryption keys for bluray are stored at dvdfabs end, it eliminates
        having a new version of dvdfab everytime a new bluray disc is released.
        for the dvd copy being registered mean "first in line" if you are not registered
        you will be required to wait anywhere from 60 to 90 days for the free HD DECRYPTER
        version to be updated for new releases. registered users get faster access to decrypt new release movies.
        Last edited by october262; 02-24-2015, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Thanks, but once again I do not use bluray's, only DVD's. I do not even have a version of DVDFab that let's me backup bluray's.
          So why does it require me to be connected to the internet for decryption keys for bluray? It makes no sense at all.

Comment

This is not new or sudden, DVDFab has checked the server online for your license for a long time now. You can click the internet on, log on to DVDFab and then click off once the program is up and running. A few seconds is all it will take.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
              This is not new or sudden, DVDFab has checked the server online for your license for a long time now. You can click the internet on, log on to DVDFab and then click off once the program is up and running. A few seconds is all it will take.
              Not to be argumentative, but no, up until tonight DVDFab has not checked the server online for my license. I know because, as I explained earlier, I am not connected to the internet unless I have a reason to be, and (up to now), using DVDfab was not one of those reasons.
              And I registered my copy of DVDFab months ago, they know my license is valid or I could not have registered it in the first place. I have a lot of programs, and once they are registered not one of them requires me to go online to verify the validity of my license again, not one.

Comment

It has been the policy for some time and is done to protect the integrity of the licensing system. If you do not want or need decryption updates for Blu-ray, new release DVDs or any of the new features, just continue to use the version you have. The newer versions require it and most older ones do as well and it makes perfect sense to me. Must have been a bug in the one you have.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I know what you are talking about hellnbak. It happened to me. I just clicked out of it or restarted it, can't quiet remember. It hasn't come up again since. But I am always on internet, so maybe just put the internet on just for that and see how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                  X