Clone Output Does Not Make Subfolder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clone Output Does Not Make Subfolder

Long time v8 user - just started testing v9 & Windoze 10.

When I clone a DVD to HDD in v8, Fab always creates a subfolder with the disc name, then puts the .ini and .iso files in the subfolder - this is a good thing.

With v9, no subfolder is created - this is a bad thing.

I do have Common Settings | General set to create files in subfolders, and v9 does create a subfolder when copying the Full Disc, but NOT when cloning. Any way to fix this?

I've reported this issue to the relevant department. We express our sincere sorry for inconvenience brought to you.

DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

A subfolder is now being created when cloning a DVD, but it is now a problem since the folder name is always "Clone" instead of the disc name! This is really bad since every clone job will go into the same folder now. Also note that the "Save to:" destination for the cloned .iso file shown at the bottom of the window before the clone operation is started does NOT include the new and now unwanted "Clone" subfolder in the name, so there is no indication you are going to get this added to the file location.

In version 8 the clone folder automatically picked up the label of the disc and could not be changed until after the clone was finished - this was a minor irritant, but at least it usually kept me from accidentally overwriting a previous clone if I had forgotten to rename the folder to something meaningful.

With V9 I have gotten used to manually creating a new folder and naming it properly before starting the clone task - I now think this is actually better than the way v8 worked. Unfortunately, since you guys "fixed" the problem with no sub-folder being created, now I always get a stupid extra folder named "Clone" that I have to remove manually after the clone is complete!

It seems like the correct solution is to have the user interface allow the folder name to be set by the operator BEFORE the clone starts.

Comment

Hi,

We will check the issue.

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X