Breaking Bad Season 1 - 6 Boxset. S1 Disc 3 Wont Read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking Bad Season 1 - 6 Boxset. S1 Disc 3 Wont Read

I'm having a nightmare trying to rip S1 Disc 3 of the above Breaking Bad boxset (last episode of S1). I've been back to the shop and got them to replace the boxset thinking it was a faulty disc, but this one won't rip either and there doesn't appear to be any physical damage to it (ie scratches). All the other 20 or so DVDs rip OK, so it seems unlikely to be a protection scheme, but you never know!

I've tried several different versions of DVDFab (9.3.1.6 up to 10.0.3 Alpha) and tried both with and without PathPlayer enabled, and with/without PGC removal so now I'm stuck.

DVDFab either throws up an error dialog, or it happily reports that the DVD is a mere 7MB, which of course it isn't, even with only one episode on it rather than the three/four typically.

Any thoughts?
    Attached Files

Download version 1006 and give it a try.http://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB10
    Last edited by 3dman; 11-17-2016, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Tried 10.0.6 - No joy

Same problem. DVDFab thinks the DVD is only 7MB and it errors during thr rip.

Is it just a badly authored disc??
      Attached Files

Comment

Zaffy, there is a read error in the log and that will prevent back up. You can try the standard stuff, cleaning and inspecting for damage but it could be, as you say, just a badly manufactured disc.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

The first log had no read error in the first try.The second time he tried their was a pathplayer error and read error both with pathplayer on both in first log.The second posted log had just the read error and 4m 33.76s: SourceSize: 7 MB.

Turn pathplayer off clean disk put in newest version 10 post that log if it don't work. Download version 8qt try it it will use the older technology that may work. http://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB8

Comment

Might also check for a firmware update for your computer's dvd drives

Comment

Another Try

@3dman7
              Cleaned disc. Rebooted PC. Started up DVDFab 10.0.6 beta. Turned off pathplayer. Put disc in drive. DVDFab threw multiple error dialogs before I even started a rip. Log attached.

@October262
              Got a Samsung SH-222BB which is a few years old now. AFAIK I've got the latest possible firmware for this model. However, I've just ripped all 5 DVDs of Game Of Thrones season 6 with no problems.

Attached Files

Comment

V8qt doesn't work either

Downloaded and installed V8.2.3.0qt. Started up DVDFab. Put disc in drive. DVDFab threw multiple error dialogs before I even started a rip. Log attached.

Edit:
                It's really late now so I'm off to bed. I'll look in again tomorrow. Thanks for your help so far folks.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Zaffy; 11-18-2016, 02:42 AM. Reason: Time for bed!

Comment

Could be possible that your dvd reader/writer laser may be failing
                  Since you say it's a few years old. Some discs will read ok and others
                  Will throw a fit.

Comment

Tried another machine a few days ago

I also installed DVDFab (can't remember which version) on my daughters laptop a couple of days ago. It's fairly new (< 2 years) but the S01E07 disc 3 wouldn't rip there either, though it was the previous boxset that I have since exchanged.

The DVD seems to play OK in Windows Media Player on my PC though

Comment

I believe this to be a copy protection.

Comment

Wierd though

Wierd why they would only do this for the disc with the last episode of Season 1 on it though. Or is this sort of madness commonplace with publishers?

Comment

It's just like Cinavia they let you watch 20 mins of the movie then cut the sound.In this case copy season one but not the end of season 1.

Comment

DVD Disc Not The Problem

3dMan7 you are quite right. It's the protection/menu structure that's scrambling DVDFab DVD Copy's brain.

As there is only one episode on the disc, the publishers seem to have filled it up with lots of "extras" which I guess gives it a more complex than usual menu structure. Ripping all the titles one at a time, I was able to figure out which bits I wanted and which bits I didn't. There also seem to be some fake/duplicate titles on the disc as one title seems to be the sum of nine others.

Is it a conspiracy or a c_ckup to just do this to one disc out of 21?

Comment

Still A Problem In 10.0.1.1

Got a new LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD Writer, and though the I/O Error Correction issues have now gone, DVDFab Copy 10.0.1.1 still won't do a FullDisc rip of Breaking Bad Season Disc 3 (Episode 07).

Logs with and without pathplayer attached.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X