Crashes at startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zabolots View Post
    Just installed v10.0.4.9 and still have this issue. Updated graphics drivers did not help.

The last line in the dvdfab_internal.log is always "exception at Hwe_Free".

I haven't been able to run DVDFab on my main PC for months now. Please fix this.
    does dvdfab run if you restart your computer in safe mode ?? you might try adding dvdfab to the windows DEP exceptions list

Comment

DVD Fab was working fine, then suddenly kept getting a File corrupted warning on the DVDFab.exe.
      I have IOBIT un installer pro...that removes every thing including registry traces. removed all...then tried a new down load... of the 10. same problem comes up.
      I have run anti virus programs...4 different ones...and still the problem exists.
      I have tried to down load the new 10 file from the main DVD site and even two other companion sites...same problem.
      It keeps coming up that the DVD file has been corrupted and or already cracked...
      I have been a member of DVD Fab since it started and have paid keys for several products....so would like to have my DVD Fab back when this file is cleaned. Also, even tried to turn back the computer to earlier time...still no luck
      Attached Files

Comment

There is nothing wrong with the DVDFab installer. Please get a checksum generator if you don't have one. The checksums for all DVDFab products are posted in the release notes. Compare these to the installer you are using to see if they are correct or corrupted. You should always download ONLY from the links posted here in the forum or the download page at dvdfab.cn.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

As a test, I used an old 9 download, and it worked fine. Today, Ashley Liu of DVD provided me with a new link and when 10 was down loaded, it works perfectly now. So, what ever I was getting off the main window...and even the same file off one of your trusted link providers, it was showing corrupted. At least the new link provided works. As far a check sum use...not all of us understand the technical side and have no clue how to set them. As far as the proper link that now works, I will not take responsibility to post it here, just in case it too could be tampered with. Please find the new link and post it here. And check to see once again if anyone else is having trouble with the DVD fab main download page. Thank you.
          DJS

Comment

The last several versions of DVD Fab DVD Copy all crash on my main computer. I see the splash screen and then it goes away but the app never opens. If I open Task Manager, I can see the DVDFab.exe disappear after the splash screen goes away.

The release notes for one of the recent versions said that there was an issue like this that was supposed to be resolved but I still have this problem. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled the app but it is the same.

Please help.
            hi,

please run the "DVDFab Qtlog" shortcut from the DVDFab10 installation directory and post the new log file, thanks!

Wilson
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Here's the new log file generated by the "DVDFab QtLog" shortcut for version 10.0.5.1
              Attached Files

Comment

Wow, what a mess, one of the developers will need to look at it. You could try a fresh download if you have not already.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Here's the new log file generated by the "DVDFab QtLog" shortcut for version 10.0.5.1
                  does your computer have all the latest updates ?? and does your graphics card have the latest driver update.
                  did you try doing a clean uninstall of dvdfab, run a good registry cleaner and try reinstalling dvdfab with a fresh installer of the program.

Comment

does your computer have all the latest updates ?? YES
                    and does your graphics card have the latest driver update. YES
                    did you try doing a clean uninstall of dvdfab, YES
                    run a good registry cleaner No, but I'm reluctant to start messing with my registry just for a single broken app
                    and try reinstalling dvdfab with a fresh installer of the program YES

Comment

Any updates on interpreting the log file I uploaded?

Comment

This is way out of my knowledge range.
                        I did look at the QT log .
                        I even tried Googling a couple of the warnings .
                        DVDFab Qt Warning: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_m_pBtnCancel_clicked() (:0, )
                        Is just the first one . This seems to be related to a Mac computer .
                        It's trying to connect to certain buttons but is failing to find them.
                        It also could be related to trying to "draw" the DVDFan GUI.
                        I've never used a MAC if that is the computer you have.

Comment

Originally posted by cholla View Post
                          This is way out of my knowledge range.
                          I did look at the QT log .
                          I even tried Googling a couple of the warnings .
                          DVDFab Qt Warning: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_m_pBtnCancel_clicked() (:0, )
                          Is just the first one . This seems to be related to a Mac computer .
                          It's trying to connect to certain buttons but is failing to find them.
                          It also could be related to trying to "draw" the DVDFan GUI.
                          I've never used a MAC if that is the computer you have.
                          Well that is strange because I'm on a PC running Windows 7

Comment

I could be completely off as I know very little about what QT is doing .
                            It seems to be related to button functions not getting the "signal". At least from the little I was able to find.

Staff like Wilson.Wang who ask for the "DVDFab Qtlog" needs to look at it.
                            He may say "What the Hell" was cholla talking about .

Comment

Well that is strange because I'm on a PC running Windows 7
                              Is your windows 7 computer 32 bit or 64 bit ?? Did you try the
                              64bit version of dvdfab ? ? -
                              New! DVDFab 10.0.5.2(X64) is out (August 17, 2017) http://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB10_x64 New: Added the support to remove Cinavia watermarks as

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

Is your windows 7 computer 32 bit or 64 bit ?? Did you try the
                                64bit version of dvdfab ? ? -
                                https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...august-17-2017
                                The Windows OS is in the QT log.
                                0m 01.18s: Init process: Windows os type is 32bit System Windows 7.

Comment

Working...
                                X