Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, priorities in getting this thing working changed slightly at the beginning of the week when my wife broke her wrist, with kids at home for school holidays there was not time to tinker...

I've totally removed it - re-added it and still have the same result.

Am I going to have to re-install xp?

Comment

Originally posted by barload View Post
      Right, priorities in getting this thing working changed slightly at the beginning of the week when my wife broke her wrist, with kids at home for school holidays there was not time to tinker...

I've totally removed it - re-added it and still have the same result.

Am I going to have to re-install xp?

Not yet... I've just reviewed all these posts, and a couple of questions have occurred to me:

1.) We've already removed a driver from Sonic Solutions (PxHelp20) - is there any of that software still on your system?? (I'm still bothered by the amount of memory being used... too much for just the usual background stuff...)

2.) Never yet mentioned...what mode of Fab are you using to copy?? (DVD to DVD, Main Movie...Etc., etc.)

Please advise...

DC

P.S. You did say that Fab used to work fine... it was only just recently that the problems started... did you add anything to your system that might co-incide with the start of the problems?? (software, a piece of VOIP hardware???... anything?)
      Last edited by DarthCopier; 02-18-2010, 06:40 PM.

Comment

I'm just using the dvd to dvd bit. I can't think of any particular software that I may have installed - that would be too easy now!. I've started to uninstall recently added software, cleaning with cc cleaner and rebooting, but each time the same happens.
        still working on it....

Comment

slighlty slower activity this weekend in trying to fix the problem...
          I've removed all the possible offending software I could find. Still no good.

I only have 500 mb of memory on this computer anyway - so not much is really interfering. This amount has been fine previously - slip the dvd in and let it copy in the background..

Ive started to backup all of my files anticipating a full re-install...

Comment

I bit the bullet and have re-installed. Still getting all the applications back on though.

Comment

people i have the same problem fab wont work at all it wont anylize any of the dvds i put in

Comment

I am having the same issue. I am running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit with 4 GB RAM. When I insert a DVD in either drive, the analyzing disc blinks and I get the "Please Insert DVD disc or choose DVD folder/image file" message in the source list. There are no error messages. It seems like DVD Fab doesn't recognize any DVDs. I can see the disc in Windows Explorer. I can enable [other software] and rip to hard drive or use DVD Shrink. One of my drives is a blu-ray player and I am able to rip blu-rays with tsMuxer. For giggles, I ripped a DVD to my hard drive and DVD Fab reacts the same way. This is not a DVD drive issue. I am running Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows Firewall. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I have installed the beta as well. No luck.

When I open Common Settings and click on Info, I see the following:

Info for drive [E:\] (DVDFab 6.2.2.0)
                Drive region: 1

Disc is not opened.
                Last edited by Complication; 03-05-2010, 02:33 AM. Reason: Removed non-allowed software reference.

Comment

Originally posted by hakras View Post
                  I can enable [other software] and rip to hard drive or use DVD Shrink.
                  Please read the General Policies sticky thread at the top of each forum before posting again.

Comment

Sorry about that. I wasn't attempting to compare products. I was trying to isolate the issue as software related and not system.

Apologies

Comment

Working...
                    X