This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CINAVIA removal

I copy my dvds full, to disk, then copy main from disk to dvd.
    At what step does dvdfab software remove?

It will be removed in the first step that you run with Cinavia Removal enabled, Full Disc in the example you listed. I you extract the Main Movie from that, you should disable Cinavia Removal in Settings for faster processing.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Copy-full disc mode supports to remove Cinavia. You can set it to remove Cinavia in the advanced settings window, and the result file shall not contain Cinavia. Click image for larger version  Name:	remove Cinavia.png Views:	1 Size:	159.3 KB ID:	353846

You can also use Main Movie mode to remove Cinavia directly. Click image for larger version  Name:	remove Cinavia in main movie.png Views:	1 Size:	258.0 KB ID:	353847

Regards,
      Mona

Comment

It appears that you've removed some of the Cinavia protections that used to appear as pop ups. I'm generally doing 2 different types of BD processing: ripping as MKV passthrough to Plex Was server which is also linked in DVDFab MS and doing full disc copy directly to MS so I can keep the special features on some discs. My collection is to large for full disc copy to the MS server.

When I used to rip as MKV passthrough I used to get a warning about Cinavia saying that I couldn't remove the protection unless I ripped without passthrough. What happened. I recently ripped Amazing Spiderman (on your list of Cinavia removing titles) as MKV passthrough and it didn't give me any warning though the Cinavia icon does show. I'm not sure I'll always pay that much attention when I'm ripping hundreds more discs. It was nice to get the warning and be given a choice. Is that a setting that I've overriden?

Comment

Originally posted by KBoz View Post
          When I used to rip as MKV passthrough I used to get a warning about Cinavia saying that I couldn't remove the protection unless I ripped without passthrough. What happened. I recently ripped Amazing Spiderman (on your list of Cinavia removing titles) as MKV passthrough and it didn't give me any warning though the Cinavia icon does show. I'm not sure I'll always pay that much attention when I'm ripping hundreds more discs. It was nice to get the warning and be given a choice. Is that a setting that I've overriden?
          1. You can load Cinavia movie using profile Mkv.passthrough profile, and it will popup message about Cinavia;
          2. Mkv.passthrough profile doesn't support to remove Cinavia, it will automatically switch to other supported profile;

The Cinavia BD source cannot be a movie folder, please load P-ISO or an original movie disc.

Regarding the no Cinavia icon problem, please post the latest dvdfab_internal.log for troubleshooting.

Regards,
          Mona

Comment

Actually I've tried the MKV passthrough profile before I sent this post just to be sure that it doesn't show the pop up about Cinavia. All of my rips are from an original BD movie source.

Comment

You can try the movie TheGuard with Don Cheadle. I started a rip with MKV Passthrough. It showed the Cinavia icon but I never received a pop up telling me that I couldn't use MKV passthrough if I wanted to remove Cinavia. It would let me rip as MKV passthrough with no warning. Can you please assist?

Comment

You can try the movie TheGuard with Don Cheadle. I started a rip with MKV Passthrough. It showed the Cinavia icon but I never received a pop up telling me that I couldn't use MKV passthrough if I wanted to remove Cinavia. It would let me rip as MKV passthrough with no warning. Can you please assist?
                Did you enable Cinavia Removal in DVDFab Common Settings window? Please kindly double check.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Enable Cinavia Remoal.png
Views:	716
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	354350
                Audio copy profile doesn't support Cinavia Removal.

If still have problem, please post dvdfab_internal.log file and related screenshots.

Regards,
                Mona

Comment

Sorry, I haven't tried a Cinavia disc for a while and I've done a few version updates. I moved on to other videos for a while. I've tried Battle Los Angeles and it detects Cinavia because I can see the icon but I can't seem to remove it. Cinavia removal is set in the general settings but there is no Cinavia marked audio on the Main Movie copy, Full copy or MKV passthrough selections. I also can't find an option in the advanced settings on any copy or convert option I use.

I'm having problems attaching the internal log to this post. I keep getting an error and the above instruction link for adding attachments is broken. The file is 7.4MB

Comment

Sorry, I haven't tried a Cinavia disc for a while and I've done a few version updates. I moved on to other videos for a while. I've tried Battle Los Angeles and it detects Cinavia because I can see the icon but I can't seem to remove it. Cinavia removal is set in the general settings but there is no Cinavia marked audio on the Main Movie copy, Full copy or MKV passthrough selections. I also can't find an option in the advanced settings on any copy or convert option I use.

I'm having problems attaching the internal log to this post. I keep getting an error and the above instruction link for adding attachments is broken. The file is 7.4MB
                    is this for the dvd or blueray version of battle Los Angeles ?? i don't see a the movie listed in dvd fix list but
                    is listed in the bluray fix list but is not yet fixed for cinavia removal - http://blog.dvdfab.cn/cinavia-protec...tml#discs_list

Comment

Sorry, it's the blu-ray version. Ok that answers the question. I'll check the link for others that I may have issues with.

Comment

Here's a couple questions for the dvd fab staff:

Does DVD fab automatically tell you the disc has cinavia like pass key does?

Why can't you use full disc copy BD-R 50 to BD-R 25 to remove cinavia?

Comment

Yes, DVDFab pops up a box to alert you to Cinavia on a disc, even if removal is not supported yet for your title.
                          Full Disc Copy with/without compression and Removal is supported for Blu-ray but not DVD.

This thread has gone on long enough, making it hard to follow. If you have a question about Cinavia Removal, please start a new thread in the Cinavia Removal forum here :https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...inavia-removal
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Does DVD fab automatically tell you the disc has cinavia like pass key does?
                            Yes, DVDFab will display message to tell you if the disc has Cinavia.

Comment

Working...
                            X