how to burn to a dvd (4.7) disk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to burn to a dvd (4.7) disk?

I have a movie in a folder that I like to burn in a dvd disk.
    the movie was ripped in dvd-9 format.
    I know that it has to be converted to a dvd-5 format before it gets burned on dvd disk
    how do you do it on ver. 12?

it has been a while that I burned to a disk and I usually use ver 9 of dvdfab.

Last edited by sireast; 12-01-2020, 07:22 PM.

Sireast; go to this dvdfab link https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...vember-26-2020 and scroll down. Download the user guide as pdf. If eligible, update the software.
    Did u rip the original disk with dvdfab? if u did, u have bunch of vob files in that particular folder. Fire up DvdFab. Add your movie from hard drive. I suggest u choose 'main movie' without all the extras. (u r using a single layer blank disk.) It takes little longer since Dvdfab is reading and figuring out what parts to burn. Then, insert your 4.7 gb blank disk. Unless you change it within settings, dvdfab uses only 4.3 gb. Remember, the bigger your original data is, the more likely you may run into issues since u r using a single layer. Bad burn, your standalone dvd/bluray player not playing it, etc. Personally, I never had problems when I compressed 5-6 gb movie into 4.7 gb disk. They all played. Very few times Verbatim disks I used to burn ( close to 7 gb data) would not played. Dvdfab claimed it burnt successfully. But all of my players (5-6 of them) refused to play. just saying. Good luck.
    Last edited by skoy; 12-01-2020, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Well, the link above does not show the manual download. Try this for ver 11

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	output to DVD5.png
Views:	348
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	387295

You can set DVD5 for output on the main interface to compress the movie to DVD5 size.

Comment

To ensure smooth playback, we suggest you slow down the write speed a bit, not use the max one for the burning process.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	write speed.png
Views:	324
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	387298
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X