X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

image burn issues

I just purchased a new E-Machine with the following burner installed:
    HL-DT-ST DVD RAM GH41N SCSI CD ROM DEVICE.... Looks like e-machines wants to hide the manufacturer of this drive....

I start the burning process but it tells me the following:
    W 18:42:04 Failed to Write Sectors 544 - 575 - Reason: Unknown (Internal Target Failure) (ASC: 0x44, ASCQ: 0x86)
    W 18:42:04 Retrying (1 of 20)...
    W 18:42:04 Retry Failed - Reason: Unknown (Internal Target Failure) (ASC: 0x44, ASCQ: 0x86)
    W 18:42:04 Retrying (2 of 20)...
    W 18:42:04 Retry Failed - Reason: Invalid Address For Write
    The image burn log is attached.

Your input and help is much appreciated.
    Attached Files

Sounds to me like you have some packet writing software installed as HP is known to do that. Packet writing software causes problems for DVD copy programs like DVDFab. What you need to do is download and install ImgBurn and then use that to post your filter drive load order. To do that with ImgBurn you need to click tools on ImgBurn and the select Filter drive load order. Once that is done you click copy to clipboard and close down ImgBurn. Then you post reply to this thread and use the right click on your mouse to paste the filters in the post reply

Comment

image burn issues

In your instructions you said I need to download image burn. I already have image burn installed. Do I need to download a new copy and reinstall?

Comment

Here is the filter drive load order as you requested:
        ===============================================
        Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.5.1.0
        ===============================================

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]
        Upper Class Filter: [None Found]
        Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
        Lower Class Filter: [None Found]
        Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

Comment

No the installation you have already is fine. Just follow AGJ's instructions and post your filter drive load order.
          That is a LG drive by the way. Which is all that I use, never had issue with them.
          AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3960MHz
          4G Geil ddr2 1066 (5-5-5-15) @1120MHz
          ASUS M3N HT Deluxe Nvidia 780a chipset
          2 XFX 9800GT SLI driver 197.45
          LG WH08LS20 BD drive firmware updated
          Windows7 Professional x64

Comment

Your filters look fime too me. Do you have any other blank DVD's to try, that media is kind of borderline as far as reliability.
            AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3960MHz
            4G Geil ddr2 1066 (5-5-5-15) @1120MHz
            ASUS M3N HT Deluxe Nvidia 780a chipset
            2 XFX 9800GT SLI driver 197.45
            LG WH08LS20 BD drive firmware updated
            Windows7 Professional x64

Comment

I would suggest you try:
              Different blank media
              Using the external USB drive for the burn to see if there is any difference
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I want to mention something else that may or maynot help solve this matter. I have a Memorex DVD+- Ram 510L v1 external burner hooked up to this new system and it burns just fine with image burn.

Comment

I have different media and I will try using that on the internal drive to see if that solves this issue.

Comment

I beleive I figured out the issue. For some reason you can not write beyond 4x on this drive. Once I found this out there are no more error message's with image burn.

Comment

Originally posted by jayh1969 View Post
                      I beleive I figured out the issue. For some reason you can not write beyond 4x on this drive. Once I found this out there are no more error message's with image burn.
                      I believe the reason is that this drive could be 4 or 5 years old, especially since it says SCSI. It could write as high as 8X depending on the media. In fact, I found a driver for it from 2006 for a Packard Bell pc which are now in the Smithsonian.
                      Are you sure this is a new pc? The E-machines web site doesn't show any desktop with anything less than a 16x DVD writer. In fact, even notebooks are 8X minimum.
                      If it is a new pc -- you should be covered by a warranty and I would contact E-machines for support.

Comment

I have been doing some research on this drive and it should be burning a 16x. This is a new E-Machine purchased last week from Wal-mart. Here is an example of what is going on.

I change the write settings in image burn from 8x to 4x and I get the same issue that I originally posted. **Check Image Burn Log Attached**
                        After, I change write settings from 4x to 8x no error messages and the disc will complete the burn process but, the disc will not play on stand alone dvd player or the dvd player on my computer. For some reason it is not finalizing the disc.

I have an external burner and there are no issue's. My conclusion is there is a firmware issue with this drive.

I am going to take Miami's advice and contact E-Machine's Tech Support.

Thanks to everyone for your help and support.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I 06:17:21 Finalising Disc...
                          W 06:18:21 Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error - (16%, 0/3) - No Seek Complete
                          W 06:18:21 Finalise Disc Failed! - Reason: No Seek Complete
                          W 06:18:21 Retrying (1 of 3)...
                          It couldn't close the disc properly, so it's still in open status.

Comment

jayh1969

Also open Fab> green check on top> DVD / Blu-Ray > Write > and make sure set Book type to DVD-Rom is checked
                            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Yup that is the problem. For some reason this drive will not finalize the disc.
                              Book-Type is checked to DVD-Rom/DVD+R as you mentioned.
                              Could this drive have a firmware issue?

Attached is a recent copy of the Image Burn Log.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X