This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD9 to DVD5

Hey all first post and couldn't seem to find what I am looking for specifically.

I'm trying to backup my DVD collection to a network drive and in the best possible quality so I have been ripping using a DVD9 setting.

All is fine there. I then have been trying to see if I can take that folder from the full disc and make a new backup to a single layer disc (DVD5) but it keeps telling me the disc is too small.

Shouldn't it just convert it to the temp directory and fit it to a DVD5 disc as if it was straight from the disc again?

What am I missing.
    Last edited by Noodle; 04-29-2010, 04:08 AM.

Change the DVD9 setting to DVD5 and fab will compress for a single layer disc.

Unless you are using the free version. It can not be changed from DVD9 to DVD5 . It will not compress.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
      Change the DVD9 setting to DVD5 and fab will compress for a single layer disc.

Unless you are using the free version. It can not be changed from DVD9 to DVD5 . It will not compress.
      Ok so I don't think I did anything different but got it working. When it compresses it for DVD5 it dumps that to the temp directory correct.

Basically it will still leave the DVD9 uncompressed folder on the HDD alone correct?

Comment

It rips the DVD5 to what ever place you have chosen as the target.

It does not change the size of the original source disc or folder.

Comment

Yeah, the temp file(s) are created during the compression stage and the burn takes place from those files.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
          X