X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v7087: Error 111 when trying to burn from ISO file

Hi,

After successfully backing up a DVD using DVD-to-DVD copy, I then created an ISO file from the source DVD. However, when I tried to burn a DVD from the ISO file, I got this Error '111'.

But the next day I re-created the ISO file from the source DVD again and it worked. The back up DVD is of good quality. So I created another ISO file and burn another DVD from it. This time the DVD quality was not so good in the intro and my DVD player could not get to the menu of the DVD. So I recreated the ISO file again and tried to burn it. Now I get error '111' again. I did not find this error listed on your website.

Lastly, you 'Prefix' drop down list does not have a selection for the beta version v7.0.8.7. However, your download page offers a link to download this beta, which appears to be an earlier release than the current. I found this a bit odd as usually beta's are usually pre-releases of the next stable version.

Thanks,

Tom

111 HWS_DEVICEBUSY 11 // Device is busy
    Another program that is locking your burner?

Comment

It's all guesswork without specifics.
      The logs are essential, particularly the burn logs from at least 1 failure and 1 successful burn.

The default location is:
      C:\Users (for XP Documents and Settings)\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Why you would generate an a "device is busy" error only intermittently, is tough to say without knowing details.
      I'm guessing you're using VSO. Either burn engine, ie., VSO or Img will require exclusive access to the burner.

The beta download links generally remain active for several releases here on the forum, hence the still viable earlier beta version.
      The link for beta versions is posted right here on the Fab forum.
      You can also access the beta download link from DVDFab.com
      For eg., when you click on the link for:

Download DVDFab 7.0.8.7 Beta (July 29, 2010)

you will directed to the beta link here on the forum
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

re: v7087: Error 111 when trying to burn from ISO file

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
        Another program that is locking your burner?
        Yes, it appears something else is locking the burner. I noticed that sometimes when I insert the target DVD, I get a pop-up asking if I am burning a data disk or media, ..., etc. I click cancel, but apparently the program (Window's Media Player?) originating the pop-up is not releasing the burner. I can close and restart DVDFab and continue to burn the DVD w/o issue.

I think its a procedural issue, but I haven't worked out all the exact steps yet. It appears that if I insert the target DVD before clicking 'Finish' after copying the source DVD to an ISO image is when I get this pop-up. Several times I was able to go straight from copying the source DVD to and ISO image to the target DVD w/o having to restart DVDFab.

Thanks,

Tom

Comment

You should definitely try not doing everything in one step, and run Imgburn as a standalone program. So basically, rip it with Fab, taking out what you don't want, etc. then when its done, take the disc out, stick a blank disc in and open Imgburn write files/folders to hard disk or write image to hard disk if you made an iso and drag the folder/image over and burn.
          SPECS
          DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
          SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Working...
          X