Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Server 2008 R2 & Mezzmo DLNA & DVDFab

Hi all,

This is my first post here, so please, excuse my ignorance...

I have a Windows Server 2008 R2 home server (kind of an overkill for what I need, but I got the licence for free, so nothing beats free :-)).

Windows Server does not do DLNA, so I got The Conceiva Mezzmo, which is a wonderful little program that converts the (professionally oriented) Windows Server to a wonderful media server. Mezzmo does everything I need: serve VOB mkv avis etc, transcode them if I want to, or leave the transocoding to my Samsung BD-C7900). I can create (and have created) a library of my ripped DVDs and have access to them from my plasma TV at any time, which is exactly what I needed and it was not straight forward until I found Mezzmo: The great thing about Mezzmo is that it supports Windows Server 2008 R2 right out of the box (just install it and it works, nothing really to configure).

Now, since I am not an expert in Windows Server 2008, DLNA and DVD ripping I have multiple problems. The one with DVDFab is that when I use the full dvd copy, I get an error from my Samsung dvd that the audio codecs are not supported. After playing with the codecs I think that's fixable but my concern is that ripping DVDs to Full Copy or mkv (Mezzmo pays them both) changes:
    a) the frame rate of my movie (from 60 fps to ~30 fps)
    b) the size of my movie (from something that looks like defaulted full screen when playing the DVD to something that looks a lot smaller).

I can of course change the picture settings of my TV but still I have the impression that picture quality is not the same as when I play the original DVD.

Any suggestions?

PS. I am using the batch commands to autorip DVDs which is so great in automating everything (thank you DVDFab community!)
Working...
X