Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper 8.0.5.6: CUDA encoder produces files that iTunes / iPad can't handle properly

I try to convert a DVD ISO image to an iPod m4v file, using DVDRipper / iPad profile.
    When I use Software Encoding, the resulting file behaves as expected on iTunes and on the iPad.

When I use CUDA encoding (otherwise no change in any setting), the resulting file doesn't work as expected:
    - In iTunes, I can't set a cover image to the file (the tab is missing).
    - On the iPad, the file often doesn't start on the first "play" click, but instead goes to "pause" right away, or jumps 10 minutes into the future and then pauses. Eventually; I can get the file to play though.
    - On the iPad film overview page (the page where all movies are shown in a grid), the file isn't visualized by a frame from the movie like all other files, instead I see a white rectangle with a TV pictogram.

It appears that some metainformation is written wrongly, only when using CUDA encoding.

What can be done here?

Thanks, Martin

Update: I can't add artwork also with BluRay Ripper / iPad profile, not only with DVDRipper, plus I have the same problems with the file once it is on the iPad.
    Last edited by tinue; 12-09-2010, 07:43 PM.
Working...
X