8.0.5.8 Success With MP4 For TP2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper 8.0.5.8 Success With MP4 For TP2

I have been trying to get an mp4 for my Touch Pro 2 working. I had it more or less working on 7.x. I could not get 8.x to work. I started fresh using different profiles and then modifying them to see if they would work. I used a generic mp4, ipad and several others. I finally tried the ipodtouch. The video looked fantastic. Even in action scenes it was not jumpy. I changed the size to 720xXXX. I had no audio. I started hacking the audio portion of the profile and finally got something to work. What is interesting the conversion rate went from 30fps to 70fps. When I look at the properties of the older mp4 and the new mp4 they look the same. I have no idea what is different.

What I conclude from this is profiles are too complex for a majority of users. I spent 5 hours doing trial an error mods. What I want is a drop down list of devices. Someone at DVDfab has already optimized the conversion. Now maybe some expert user can hack the flow but hide the details for a majority of users. If some competitor does this it is a real threat to DVDFab. It means DVDFab will have to invest in a lot of devices.
Working...
X