No announcement yet.

DTS HD problems when ripping to MKV!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper DTS HD problems when ripping to MKV!

I have problems with sound clipping when watching blurays ripped to MKV where DTS HD is used. My receiver looks OK and acknowledges DTS HD but sound clips every 2 or 3 second. Dolby True HD works fine but not DTS HD. I have been forced to check the "don't use HD sound" box, but it feel sad not to be able to get the full benefit of HD sound. Anyone that can help?

I am currently using 7.0.6.8 and is wondering if the 7.0.7.0 beta will do any difference? What is "new audio converting engine"?

Regards,
    Joakim

Most likely your problem is not receiver, nor DVDFab processing (in DTS HD case, it's just a passthrough), but your player. You player is overwhelmed with bitrate of HD sound and dumping memory every so often. What player are you using?
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I'm using MPC HC! But Dolby True HD is working just fine...

Comment

i thought you couldnt get HD audio in an mkv file and it just gets down converted?

Comment

Originally posted by tunerfreak View Post
          i thought you couldnt get HD audio in an mkv file and it just gets down converted?
          mkv remux and mkv audiocopy keeps the source audio so if it DTS HD then that what you will have

Comment

If you read my post again you will see that I am satisfied with ripping dolby true hd material, i.e I'm using mkv remux and only passing on audio signal. However ripping blurays with dts hd ma audio is not working when played through MPC HC. Audio is clipping every 2 or 3 seconds. Is there anyone using dvdfab, ripping böurays with dts hd material and using htc hc as a player without any problems. Or using any other player?
            I am onöy interested in ripping to MKV.

Thanks,
            Joakim

Comment

Originally posted by Alpius View Post
              If you read my post again you will see that I am satisfied with ripping dolby true hd material, i.e I'm using mkv remux and only passing on audio signal. However ripping blurays with dts hd ma audio is not working when played through MPC HC. Audio is clipping every 2 or 3 seconds. Is there anyone using dvdfab, ripping böurays with dts hd material and using htc hc as a player without any problems. Or using any other player?
              I am onöy interested in ripping to MKV.

Thanks,
              Joakim
              Alpius,
              let me get it straight. You are playing your content with MPC HC on your computer and outputing it to your receiver? Is it correct? How computer is connected? I afraid you have to spill some more of your secrets...
              sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Hello again, sorry for not replying until now. I have an ASRock Vision 3D HTPC connected by HDMI to my Pioneer LX-83 receiver which is connected to my 63" Samsung 7705 3D Plasma.

I have used the folling guide to set up my system:

If you have been following along with my last few posts (The Family IT Guy and Setting Up MPC) the main goal that I was working towards was to finally set up bitstreaming of HD Audio (DTS-MA and TrueHD) with […]

My processor is an Intel 3i 370M.
                Graphics card is Geforce GT 425M

I use an award winning (What HiFi, best HDMI cable above GBP 50, 2010) capable of showing 4K resolutions, so bandwith shouldn't be an issue either.

I also use Power DVD 10 Ultra Mark II, and can't seem to get HD sound to bitstream to the receiver when playing Blurays either.

When I play MKVs using MPC HC setup using the guide above, the receiver is lit up with Dolby True HD and DTS HD Ma respectively but the DTS sound clips every 2-3 seconds. Very irritating.

Even if I assume that the rip itself is done correctly by DVDfab and that my problem is related to either soundcard driver, sound card setup, MKV player or something else I would be very pleased if someone knows of any alternatives.

I am not able to choose the output alternative in Power DVD 10 to bitstream HD audio, only DTS core, which might be a related issue..

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by Alpius View Post
                  I have problems with sound clipping when watching blurays ripped to MKV where DTS HD is used. My receiver looks OK and acknowledges DTS HD but sound clips every 2 or 3 second. Dolby True HD works fine but not DTS HD. I have been forced to check the "don't use HD sound" box, but it feel sad not to be able to get the full benefit of HD sound. Anyone that can help?

I am currently using 7.0.6.8 and is wondering if the 7.0.7.0 beta will do any difference? What is "new audio converting engine"?

Regards,
                  Joakim
                  For those of you thqat are having troubles trying to encode bd / dvd to mkv w/ DTS - try MAKEMKV tool - it will allow you to select the tracks of a folder ripped bd for instance by opening the movieobject.bdmv file and the movie will be scaned and when you select the tracks you want - then it rapidly copies them to mkv - no encoding - from that - you could enco0de further and save space or whatever, maybe i'm missing the boat - but i've read several folks say they are not able to add dts to their mkv destination file - so here is my solution (of sorts)
                  Hp d4996t CTO, vista ultimate 32 SP1,
                  Quad Core Q6600 2.4 GHZ 8MB L2 cache,
                  4Gb PC6400, Radeon HD2600XT 512MB,
                  Plextor 880SA 1.03, Optiarc AD-7241S 1.02bitS(L&L)
                  Buffalo BR-H1016FBS,
                  Optiarc AD-7240S 1.02bitS(Liggy&Lee),
                  LiteOn iHES208(8L09), LiteOn iHAS424(ZL1N),
                  2 Buffalo BR-816SU2's 1.02(jp),
                  Seagate 750GB SATAII 32MB cache.
                  WD Ext.HD 500GB SATAII 32MB cache.

Jazz, Blues, Peace = better for the soul!

Comment

Hi

I am hearing same issue as Alpius!

MKV with DTS-HD master audio is sounding like there is 2-3 sec between a "tick" and "pitch shift".
                    MKV with TrueHD plays perfect.

Tested with Splash Pro, Mpc-hc(+ffdshow tryout) players. PC (i5cpu, 4gb ddr3) connected to onkyo reciever via hdmi (with dts-hd master audio is detected and plays as it should from bluray disc)

Tried ripping same bluray disc's with (other program), DTS-HD master audio plays perfect. Even tryed extracting video from DVDFAB mkv, Audio from (other program), and merge them to a perfect file.

There seems to be an issue with the dts-ha audio dvdfab extracts!

Best regards
                    Last edited by AGJ; 04-08-2011, 09:07 AM. Reason: Forum General Policies

Comment

Hi

mkv remux and mkv audiocopy keeps the source audio so if it DTS HD then that what you will have
                      If i extract dts-hd master audio track from a mkv file made by dvdfab v8085 and compare it with same mkv audio track made by (other program) , should they be same size and so ?

Best regards

Comment

I am having the same issue. TrueHD plays perfect. When playing DTS-HD I get stuttering and dropouts. I have to actually have to deselect it so it just plays the core track and it plays fine. If you want to test it out Rip Tangled to MKV with the DTS-MA 7.1. Pop City.

Comment

Well I used a diffrent program and my files are coming out fine. I will be more then happy to send what ever info is needed to fix the MKV ripper. I spent mts backing up 300 plus of my blu-rays.. 200 of which now have to be redone. I guess I should have checked every one as I went along.

Comment

hi,

Sorry for check this problem so late, I have find this problem, and which will be fixed in next beta, please check the change log.

thanks.

Comment

you could always demux the original dts HD-MA track from your bluray .m2ts using tsMuxeR, then simply mux it back into your final MKV, using mkvmerge.

Comment

Working...
                              X