First time ripper help - Standard DVD to Apple TV2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper First time ripper help - Standard DVD to Apple TV2

Hello all! Brand new to DVDfab DVD Ripper and this community -- so, please take it easy on me. I'm looking rip my non Blu-ray, 'Standard' DVD collection to files that will sit on my media server for playback through my Apple TV2. Now, I know there have been some issues reported with ripped MP4 files and playback through the latest firmware version of ATV2. I will overlook that for now as I'm sure the issue will be solved.

My real concern is simply what settings are best for ATV rips? DVD Ripper defaults the 'Apple TV' profile. Is it that simple -- just select the profile and click 'Start'? Or, do I need to go in and edit the settings behind this profile?

Ultimately, I'm looking for the best audio quality (likely DD 5.1) and Video (I think most STD DVD's I have are at 1.33:1). Anyway, my TV is full HD -- 16:9.

So, thoughts/comments on how best to get started??? Should I just select the 'Apple TV' profile and rip away? Or, can I get better results by editing this default profile?

Has anyone created a better ATV profile for Standard DVD's that you are willing to share?

Thanks in advance for your help and inputs!

- Chill
Working...
X