X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GregiBoy
    replied
    Do you mean the procedure that I outlined or your original method with the new beta?

If my procedure, do you think that it is worth embelishing it a little and adding as a "Sticky" at the top of the DVD->Mobile forum?

best Regards
    Greg

Leave a comment:

• dwmatt
    replied
    Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
    I presume that you are opening up the VOB files here as you are using file->mobile.. VOB's do not contain the correct info that Fab needs.
    That appears to have worked as advertised. I also noticed with Beta there is a new queue which makes things even easier. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• GregiBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by dwmatt View Post
    When I convert a DVD to file, the screen size/aspect ratio shows up fine as 4:3, 720x480. However, this is terribly inefficient, and I'd like instead to dump the vob files onto the hard drive and convert them with File to Mobile. However, when doing so with the default generic.avi.h264.audiocopy profile, the maximum screen size/aspect ratio I get is 1.30 (<4:3), 416x320. Is there a way to modify the profile to allow a higher screen size/aspect ratio? Other profiles allow 720x480, but they don't offer audiocopy or h264/avi compression. When I use MediaInfo, the video stream is correctly marked as "720x480 (4:3) at 29.970 fps, MPEG Video (NTSC) (Version 2)".
    I presume that you are opening up the VOB files here as you are using file->mobile.. VOB's do not contain the correct info that Fab needs.

I have found the most efficent way to do what you are wanting to do is:-

1. Rip the DVD to a folder.

First though, set the "Create files in subfolder of output directory" to OFF.

Once the rip is done, a subfolder with the name of the "DVD label" will be created in the output directory.

You can do this to multiple DVD's for later processing at about 10-15mins per title.

Then using DVD->Mobile and the profile/device that you want, navigate to the "DVD Label" directory and select it. This then maintains the correct aspect ratio. You can queue up multiple dvd's like this for overnight processing.

Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• dwmatt
    started a topic File to Mobile, Video Stream issue

File to Mobile, Video Stream issue

When I convert a DVD to file, the screen size/aspect ratio shows up fine as 4:3, 720x480. However, this is terribly inefficient, and I'd like instead to dump the vob files onto the hard drive and convert them with File to Mobile. However, when doing so with the default generic.avi.h264.audiocopy profile, the maximum screen size/aspect ratio I get is 1.30 (<4:3), 416x320. Is there a way to modify the profile to allow a higher screen size/aspect ratio? Other profiles allow 720x480, but they don't offer audiocopy or h264/avi compression. When I use MediaInfo, the video stream is correctly marked as "720x480 (4:3) at 29.970 fps, MPEG Video (NTSC) (Version 2)".
Working...
X