Kung Fu Panda BD Rip to MKV Audio Sync Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Kung Fu Panda BD Rip to MKV Audio Sync Issue

I'm trying to conver my BD of Kung Fu Panda to MKV.H.264.AC3 but every time I do, the audio is off by about 1 to 2 seconds in the final video.

I have disabled all GPU codecs and set the video decoders and encoders to software. I have also done a BD copy to the hard drive first and then ripped to MKV and the same issue still occurs.

I'm uploading my log files for review. Any help on fixing this would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

UPDATE!

I tried ripping the movie again but this time I used the profile mkv.h264.audiocopy and the audio is perfect.

The problem with this is that I'm putting this on my WD TV Live Hub to stream using DLNA to my TV's and when I play it on the TV's using this format, the audio is not supported. I also tried playing it directly from the WD device and got no audio.

I read somewhere that WD TV Live only supports 5.1 surround sound and this is why I was trying to convert the audio to that format.

I will try other audio settings in the meantime until I hear something back from someone in the forums on how to fix my audio sync issue.

Thanks.

Comment

2nd Update!

I have figured out that if my Blu Ray movie audio track has AC-3 HD/5.1 I need to use MKV.H.264.Audiocopy profile and check the option that says "Remove HD audio". This causes the audio to work perfectly in sync and it also plays the audio on my WD TV Live Hub.

I also figured out that if the audio track does not have 5.1 already (for example AC-3 HD/7.1) then I need to use the MKV.H.264.AC3 profile to convert the audio down to 5.1 to work on my WD TV Live Hub.

I guess if a blu ray already has 5.1 and you try to re-encode it to 5.1, that is what causes the audio to come out of sync.

I figured I would let others know!

Comment

Working...
      X