No announcement yet.

Midsomer Murders (14:9 Widescreen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Midsomer Murders (14:9 Widescreen)

Hello I have most of the Midsomer Murders collection on DVD but due to traveling allot I would like to rip them to XviD, but I'm having a problem as some of these are in 14:9 Widescreen and DVDFab seems to be classing them as 4:3, I'm having trouble making them look right, I have changed the Source Aspect Ratio to 14:9 in the drop down menu but when viewing the faces on the Output screen they just don't look at all right, please help me.

There are over 20 sets of these, which one are you trying to convert? Look on the back of the box and see what it says the aspect ratio is. Should be a number like 1.77 or 2.40:1 etc. 14:9 is 1.55:1 which would be unusual, even for what I assume are the PAL version discs.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I got over 80 DVD's but difficult to list them all but most of them seem to be labelled 14:9 Widescreen, so having trouble making dvdrip's of them without not having the characters look like they are either fat faced or look like that have been crushed.

And yes they are in PAL but IFOedit and also dvdfab seem to list these has 4:3

Comment

Kev

Does the output preview window show black bars? Do you have automatic cropping turned on?
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

No they don't have black bars, and yes automatic is switched on but struggling with the frame resolution, as got the program on now and it's on 4:3 are the picture looks normal on that but I need to change the aspect ratio to what the dvd says it is but when i do it is too stretched, these were never broadbast as full screen on tv

Comment

Working...
          X